• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

I would love to see Niki Haley vs. Gretchen Witmer.

2 hard working competent women that actually care about more than themselves.

we could have an actual policy debate, you remember about actual policies and ideas and shit.

Ivanka and Jared were actually discussing which one of them would run first and which one would follow up. They honestly thought they had a 24 year run …. Which just seems hopelessly out of touch to put it nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Haley could have legitimately won SC and it wouldn't have mattered. Trump is going to be the nominee absent some crazy event either legally or to his health.

With that said, I think it's meaningful that Haley got 40% of the vote in the sense that it shows Trump's weakness within his own party. The question is if those Republicans that vote against Trump in primaries are willing to suck it up and vote Trump a third time in the general election or not.

Surely most of them will.

Remember the talk of a trump political dynasty in which he passed the torch to Ivanka? LOL
I still think ivanka is his running mate. Seriously. I can’t see trump thinking he needs a mod pub to get votes, most of the party is afraid of him, and his ego would believe that he could hand her the presidency bigly

Looks like a good showing by the "uncommitted" protest vote. 15% so far in what looks strong turnout.

Haley with 30%. That looks about where the anti-Trump vote is nationally.

would the protest vote in other states match the total in MI or is it an outlier due to the high Muslim population in the state

It seems like Dem voters are not liking Biden’s approach to Israel-Palestine!

Really ? People showed up to vote for him in a borderline meaningless primary that everyone knew he was going to win by a 6 to 1 margin against this protest vote. And I fully expect that Michigan will be the primary with the strongest protest vote.

Here's a theory. Michigan has an open primary. Just like unregistered democrats can show up and vote for Nikki Haley, unregistered republicans can show up and vote for uncommitted.

Back