• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

I’m voting blue no matter what but

I think a lot of Americans can be convinced that Joe Biden is in cognitive decline. Armchair gerontology or not, perception is reality and they aren’t doing a great job of dispelling the perception. The 4 years of presidency are visible on an already old man.

I think this would be insanely effective if they had a nominee other than Trump, but he suffers from the same issues and has a whole ton of other baggage and dems know the stakes, even if you gotta hold your nose.

If you are going to be rhetorical and unconcerned you can do that without asking people to google things for you.
Lol come on man.

Someone brought up concerning polling numbers and I asked to see the polls they were looking at. You don't need to treat me like I'm being an asshole here

I understand that you feel differently, but I sincerely doubt that changing Biden's running mate would be a major difference maker in this election. Gavin Newsome or whatever instead of Kamala Harris isn't swaying any Trump voters.
I’ve said this to Pops before, but I think replacing Harris with Newsome or some other white guy could and probably would decrease Black turnout.

Lol come on man.

Someone brought up concerning polling numbers and I asked to see the polls they were looking at. You don't need to treat me like I'm being an asshole here
That’s fair. Your posts read as dismissive. I would be surprised if any poster on this thread was genuinely unaware that Biden was polling poorly in the past year. Seems more likely you would be aware of that and just not taking it seriously.

I understand that you feel differently, but I sincerely doubt that changing Biden's running mate would be a major difference maker in this election. Gavin Newsome or whatever instead of Kamala Harris isn't swaying any Trump voters.
The only Dem ticket with a shot in 24 has Kamala on it either as nominee or VP. You pull her off and it shatters the Democratic coalition with Black voters.

Now if you want to go back and argue Feinstein should have retired in 2013 and do a side by side comparison between her then and Biden now, I’m open to learning more.
Your really wanting to dig into this analogy reads as you just not agreeing on Biden’s decline. Would be easier to just keep posting about that. The Feinstein situation was well documented over her last decade or so, no reason to rehash it.

I don’t agree on the decline. Are you just realizing that?

honestly, the Dems could run out a cardboard sign of a candidate against Trump and i would still vote Blue. cardboard sign would still have a better economy and jobs production!

honestly, the Dems could run out a cardboard sign of a candidate against Trump and i would still vote Blue. cardboard sign would still have a better economy and jobs production!
Yeah, nobody here isn't voting dem regardless except for Pop. We're just arguing meaninglessly over who should be the candidate even though that's already decided as well.

also...Biden, bless his heart, caused Trump by not running after Obama and having Hillary take his place. He would have wiped the floor with Trump at the time...I get he was grieving but damn!

That’s fair. Your posts read as dismissive. I would be surprised if any poster on this thread was genuinely unaware that Biden was polling poorly in the past year. Seems more likely you would be aware of that and just not taking it seriously.
Yeah, I'm very aware that Biden's approval rating is abysmal. He hasn't polled well since the start of his presidency more or less and I think we all know that. That's different than an election cycle Biden vs Trump poll, but still bad.

Regardless, I don't look at the polls weekly. So if there was some significant polling done in swing states at the end of January, it's very realistic that I haven't seen it. My attitude is somewhat dismissive of polls right now because (as you already said) swing states are all that matter and therefore nationwide polling isn't all that relevant, although it can be an indicator for sure. Open to change that attitude though if there are convincing polls telling me that I should.

You jump wildly between rationality and irrationality, so no. Just like 1 page ago you agreed with replacing Biden with Kamala.

If Biden becomes mentally unfit during his second term.

You’re making the case that the cabinet should have already invoked the 25th amendment. That’s an indictment of the cabinet than Biden. They’re essentially Feinstein aides to you.

mako, I see a guy getting older. We all get older. I certainly don’t see how the White House is crumbling under a President who is mentally unable to serve.

Not sure we're watching press conferences in the same way, but as always, I appreciate a different perspective. @TimmyClutch
That may be part of it. I don't watch much TV news. I hear his press conferences, so I don't see the physical decline.

Makes no sense to compare Feinstein to Biden considering basically any Democrat could have run in Feinstein's place and won.

Could Joe Biden BE any older?

edit: goddamn typo

Last edited:
Back