• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

i think both play against RHP until further notice.

i think we can get more creative again LHP since gill, hawke and probably ballestero (i think he's a better hitter righty) should be more effective at the plate. and maybe even katz if he's ever gonna play again.
My group was talking about this yesterday. And we couldn't remember him getting 1 hit left handed. I wonder if the staff has said anything to him about only hitting right handed. To simplify it or something. Because, other than his homer at UVA, has really struggled lately, and is simply not producing.

Anyone know if there is a site that has different splits for switch hitters?

My group was talking about this yesterday. And we couldn't remember him getting 1 hit left handed. I wonder if the staff has said anything to him about only hitting right handed. To simplify it or something. Because, other than his homer at UVA, has really struggled lately, and is simply not producing.

Anyone know if there is a site that has different splits for switch hitters?
Aren't the stats globally pretty meh for switch hitting in general?

Does anyone want tickets to tomorrow's game against Louisville?

OUR Prairie View Panthers got atm on the ropes in the 7th. Super dope uni too.

I truly believe this team is getting better. A lot better. Assuming things come together like they are expected to, we can be really good mid-late season.
I’m fine with that. We haven’t played well by most measures but we have talent. Let’s get better and peak and make a run.

I think we should just play Burns on Friday nite to get the first win for momentum. Then use every pitcher we have to win that second game just to win the series. Who cares if we have no pitching left for the third game.

Do we have confirmation that it’s Hartle, Burns, Massey (in that order) this series? I didn’t recall seeing the projected rotation in Essex’s last post game piece (or anywhere else). I know he said they expect Massey to pitch Saturday, but only two or three, and I assume that means as the starter. Short turn around week would seem like a bad time to change it up (and I’m not so sure it really matters), but selfishly I’d love to see Burns tonight since I’m thinking tomorrow is going to get rained out and I can’t stay in Winston past Saturday early afternoon.

Interested to see what the attendance will look like tonight after a sparsely attended Tuesday night.

Looking ahead to Friday and Saturday, what's the procedure on what happens to series that start on a Thursday when the last two days get washed out? We run a double on Sunday? Try to set up two 7s starting at 11 to run up to the basketball game? Both teams play away on Tuesday.

Don't know if the staff is considering flipping starters but this would be a bad week to do it given it's a short week. Would make more sense next weekend...unless rain pushes games to Sunday.

D1 teams do everything possible to play 9, especially ACC conference games. If it's a double on Sunday it would probably start early with a 9 inning game and then the second game would have a drop dead time for travel. I think.

Think it was Louisville game 2 years ago where they abruptly left on Sunday with game tied in extra innings in order to catch their flight. Crowd was in the dark as to what was happening.

Don't know if the staff is considering flipping starters but this would be a bad week to do it given it's a short week. Would make more sense next weekend...unless rain pushes games to Sunday.

D1 teams do everything possible to play 9, especially ACC conference games. If it's a double on Sunday it would probably start early with a 9 inning game and then the second game would have a drop dead time for travel. I think.
No chance WF starts Burns tonight on four days rest. He is cooking in the current format, would be dumb to fuck with it right now. If not for the weather issues, I would even consider starting Burns on Saturday for Game 3 of the L'ville series, and then, try to win the other two with Johnny Whole-Staff. With that said, expect Hartle to pitch tonight, and then Burns will start Game 2 whenever that is.

If this series stayed on the planned Thursday-Friday-Saturday track, the time to move Burns to the Friday spot (which is way overrated IMO; every weekend starter is going to get the same number of ACC weekend starts) would be the next series (UNC) as that series is back to the normal Friday-Saturday-Sunday rotation and Burns would have his normal rest for the Heels. If Friday and Saturday are washouts and Burns pitches Sunday, there is no chance he comes back to start Friday against UNC.

Do we have confirmation that it’s Hartle, Burns, Massey (in that order) this series? I didn’t recall seeing the projected rotation in Essex’s last post game piece (or anywhere else). I know he said they expect Massey to pitch Saturday, but only two or three, and I assume that means as the starter. Short turn around week would seem like a bad time to change it up (and I’m not so sure it really matters), but selfishly I’d love to see Burns tonight since I’m thinking tomorrow is going to get rained out and I can’t stay in Winston past Saturday early afternoon.
From what I gathered, pretty sure it's Hartle-Burns-Massey

Have 2 for tonight. PM with cell and can text them. Will try to check a couple times before first pitch.

Beautiful day for a ball game. Hopefully Hartle wakes up and pitches to his ability tonight.
*Anyone know anything about the Lville freshman from Kernersville (East Forsyth)? Was he a big recruit or were we on him? 6'4 freshman LHP 160lbs, Braxton Stewart

Back