• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I think the lineup order is sorting itself out. Kurtz is starting to look like Nicky Nukes and the supporting cast is filling in. It would be really nice to have the 8-9 batters come up with a big hit now and again (got timely hits there last year even if inconsistent).

Also, Marek Houston is good, very good. I knew last year he made good contact and was quite a bit unlucky but he turned the corner. As he brings some more power to the plate he is going to be filthy.

What a fucking game. I'm glad we decided to make the trip and brave the cold.

Chase Burns is an electric factory. I could run through a brick wall after seeing him return to the dugout.

I am happy to say that I was completely wrong about Jake Reinisch! The dude used to foul off everything being late and striking out a ton but he has been an anchor to our offensive production. On the other hand, we have to give somebody else some AB’s in Nelson’s spot. He is a hole and combining him with the lack of production from the catcher spot, we put a lot of pressure on the top of the lineup.

I am happy to say that I was completely wrong about Jake Reinisch! The dude used to foul off everything being late and striking out a ton but he has been an anchor to our offensive production. On the other hand, we have to give somebody else some AB’s in Nelson’s spot. He is a hole and combining him with the lack of production from the catcher spot, we put a lot of pressure on the top of the lineup.
Nelson gets on base plenty. I also feel like he fouls off a ton so he’s getting the contact. I think it’ll come together for him. Could be totally wrong there, but his defense and speed on the bases is so valuable.

Back