• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A-Rod's gonna be looking at a lifetime ban as early as Monday?

ARod will just join all the other "greats" like Bonds, Clemmons, McGuire, Sosa, etc. watching their eligibility for the HOF expire.

ARod will just join all the other "greats" like Bonds, Clemmons, McGuire, Sosa, etc. watching their eligibility for the HOF expire.

You have to wonder whether most of those guys - at least Clemens, Bonds, and A-Rod - will eventually get in from a Committee vote. In 50 years, this era may be viewed from a different perspective...

no chance they don't get in. i'd bet my life savings on all of them getting in. if theyd ont get in they might as well justs hut the thing down because it's a joke if they let in shitty players like jim rice and not the greats of an entire generation.

Rebus-Frank-Thomas.jpg

amen. this guy should be in on the first ballot. pretty sure he won 2 mvp's and came in second to giambi one year (2.5 mvp's?). his problem is going to be that he always hated the media. DBTH.

amen. this guy should be in on the first ballot. pretty sure he won 2 mvp's and came in second to giambi one year (2.5 mvp's?). his problem is going to be that he always hated the media. DBTH.

Additionally, he's the best national anthem singer we have at basketball games!

There's no evidence Griffey juiced, he didn't substantially alter his appearance at any point, and he doesn't look like he got absolutely jacked. Furthermore he was solidly consistent IIRC and didn't have any huge peak/binge years.

There's no evidence Griffey juiced, he didn't substantially alter his appearance at any point, and he doesn't look like he got absolutely jacked. Furthermore he was solidly consistent IIRC and didn't have any huge peak/binge years.

IMO Griffey wouldn't have fallen off so hard after his injuries if he had juiced.

no chance they don't get in. i'd bet my life savings on all of them getting in. if theyd ont get in they might as well justs hut the thing down because it's a joke if they let in shitty players like jim rice and not the greats of an entire generation.

I am with you but there is no way I would bet my life's savings on it. There is no group of people more retarded than baseball writers. Those fat tubs of goo have that special blend of pompous and ignorance. I don't doubt for a second that anyone even remotely linked to steroids does not get in...even if they are arguably the best player to ever play (Bonds).

such bullshit. selig trying to cover his ass (as well as the yanks). hate selig so much.

What is the evidence again that makes the AROD case so much worse than the others? That he isn't cooperating with their investigation and maybe even had some goon intimidate a witness?

I know union doens't want to defend sterioid users, but they can't let them use best interest of baseball clause or kick A-Rod out.

What is the evidence again that makes the AROD case so much worse than the others? That he isn't cooperating with their investigation and maybe even had some goon intimidate a witness?

I vaguely recall that he hired some goons to rob the place down in Fla.

here it is:

Investigators for Major League Baseball have uncovered what they believe is evidence that a representative of Alex Rodriguez purchased medical records from a person connected to a South Florida anti-aging clinic that is suspected of providing performance-enhancing drugs to a number of major leaguers, according to two people briefed on the matter.

Last edited:
I'm sure Selig & MLB won't take into consideration how much they'll help the Yankees financially if they ban ARod for life. Everything about MLB for the last couple of decades has been corrupt.

I have trouble believing the MLB wants this to get to an actual hearing. I think Bud would love to wrap this thing up in a bunch of plea bargains and show off how tough he’s been on drug users. If they get into a messy legal battle, one that the MLB might lose, then it gets ugly.

Or funny. Probably both.

Hiring people to buy medical records is pretty corrupt but Melky got the standard 50 and he created a fake website or something didn't he?

http://deadspin.com/5936526/melky-c...igators-all-the-way-to-the-dominican-republic
;1365928 said:
From the Daily News' reporting Sunday, it was assumed that Cabrera (or at least his "associate," Juan Nunez) simply bought a website and created a fake ad for a product that didn't exist. Cabrera's appeal hinged on him taking that product, which unknown to him contained synthetic testosterone. Well, the Daily News has more details today, and the plan was more involved that anyone could have guessed.

Team Cabrera actually purchased three existing Spanish-language sites that already sold health products, because investigators would have easily been able to expose a newly-created site. They stuck banner ads for the mysterious product, which contained nothing but a picture of a jar and a phone number in the Dominican Republic. MLB investigators called the number, and it led them to the Dominican Republic, where they actually purchased a jar of the stuff and sent it to the WADA lab for testing.

Back