• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A-Rod's gonna be looking at a lifetime ban as early as Monday?

So after threatening to ban ARod for life if he didn't accept the plea of a ban through next year, the MLB is now going after just the ban through next year? Sweet backpedaling, Bud.

i'm torn on this....the yankees benefit by him getting a lifetime ban since they don't have to pay him the 100+MM owed but if he isn't banned they do have to pay but he still gets to play after cheating

I'd say either everyone gets to cheat and it becomes status quo or no one...""They are paid to be entertained. They wanna see some clown throw a fastball 101 mph and some other guy hit it 500 feet. That's entertainment. You're paying to be entertained."" - John Rocker

I think the best case for A-Rod haters and Yankee haters is a season and a half ban, give or take.

Sounds like that's what's going to happen.

To be honest I am not quite sure what the hell is going to happen. All reports I'm hearing is Arod is going to fight any suspension. If he does this could go on for months with the Yankees still playing (and paying) him.

To be honest I am not quite sure what the hell is going to happen. All reports I'm hearing is Arod is going to fight any suspension. If he does this could go on for months with the Yankees still playing (and paying) him.

This is so silly. This is all about $$$.

His career is finished.

My mama used to say, "only a turkey is done. You mean finished." I miss mama.

Quite sure that we'll see Arod in the Yankee line-up tomorrow evening. While the other (12?) will reportedly accepted their 50 game suspensions, Arod will appeal his 200+ suspension and will stay with the Yankees through the appeal process which could take till mid September.

What is the MLB’s justification for 211 games? I mean, I know it’s because they want to go through the end of next season, but I’m not sure the arbiter is going to buy “well the Yankees really want to get under the luxury tax next year” as a reason.

What's amazing is if the Yankees hadn't done the insane contract, Arod's TX deal would have expired after 2011. This problem would likely not exist. Who would have signed him for a long-term deal after his hip surgery?

didnt he have a player opt-out he exercised?

no, that was cc. he was a fa prior to 2008.

didnt he have a player opt-out he exercised?

i thought he opted out of his rangers deal (while with the yankees) and the sawx flirted with him. which was enough to get him $300,000,000.

if the yankees weren't paying him now, the sawx would be.

You guys are right. It's somewhere between the two of you.

ARoid is making a very transparent, poor, and unsuccessful attempt to sound genuine and humble in this presser.

I'm just amazed that the appeal process may take as long as October-November which means he gets to finish the year with the Yanks.

WTF is up with that?

What is the MLB’s justification for 211 games? I mean, I know it’s because they want to go through the end of next season, but I’m not sure the arbiter is going to buy “well the Yankees really want to get under the luxury tax next year” as a reason.

Because he did this with the guy on multiple occaqsions this year and also bought the evidence from the guy in an attempt to get rid of everything. Then he came back this weekend with his peeps asking for 100 games & it really mad Commish Selig mad.

Back