• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Anounces Notre Dame opponents 2015-2025

I'll be honest I think that whole deal is a crock of crap. Notre Dame should have to be in the ACC for everything or not at all in my opinion. It was neat when they came to Winston to play and all, but I don't like this partial member crap.

We play them more often than almost half of the full members. How is that partial membership?

For those who wanted a tougher schedule, here it is. They will be a perennial top 10 team as long as Kelly is there and they come to Winston twice. Who would you want to be our home-and-home in '16-'17.

ND would have so much of a better chance of making the playoff this year as a full member of the ACC. Sure they lost to FSU, but if they were in the Coastal and beat FSU in the ACCCG, you'd have to think they'd have a much better argument for getting in than they will at the end of the season.

Yep. As it stands they have to beat out two P5 conference champs and any standout one loss teams that didn't make it to their conference championship (possibly MSU or Ole Miss) this year.

If Ole Miss and Mississippi State both make it to the Egg Bowl undefeated do both teams make the playoffs regardless of what happens as long as one team doesn't get blown out in that game? The winner is 12-0 and will be in no matter what happens in the SEC title game (even with a blowout loss you just beat another top five team a week earlier) and the loser is 11-1 with their only loss being to their rival who went 12-1 worst case.

I'll be honest I think that whole deal is a crock of crap. Notre Dame should have to be in the ACC for everything or not at all in my opinion. It was neat when they came to Winston to play and all, but I don't like this partial member crap.

Understand the sentiment but personally, I'm not complaining. In 14 years since adopting Wake, the ND visit/game has been the zenith of my in attendance football game watching. That whole night was absolutely electric....36,300+, rally towels....heck, when was the last time a blimp hovered over a nationally televised/prime time home game ?

If Ole Miss and Mississippi State both make it to the Egg Bowl undefeated do both teams make the playoffs regardless of what happens as long as one team doesn't get blown out in that game? The winner is 12-0 and will be in no matter what happens in the SEC title game (even with a blowout loss you just beat another top five team a week earlier) and the loser is 11-1 with their only loss being to their rival who went 12-1 worst case.

No.

I do not know the answer to this question.

Understand the sentiment but personally, I'm not complaining. In 14 years since adopting Wake, the ND visit/game has been the zenith of my in attendance football game watching. That whole night was absolutely electric....36,300+, rally towels....heck, when was the last time a blimp hovered over a nationally televised/prime time home game ?

Oh, it was great, the only downside was we had a real shot to win that game and didn't. I just don't think it's right that a team can have this type of arrangement in a P5 conference. I guess my zenith would still be the home game vs. BC in the ACC title year. Groves Stadium was packed with Wake Forest fans as BC fans had a very small presence, the biggest crowd I've ever witnessed at our stadium when we were playing an opponent that bring a lot of fans.

No. Because then there is either one spot or no spots left for the Big Ten, Big XII, and Pac-12.

What is the latest with conference realignment? Is the upcoming B1G television deal the biggest thing to watch right now?

For those who wanted a tougher schedule, here it is. They will be a perennial top 10 team as long as Kelly is there and they come to Winston twice. Who would you want to be our home-and-home in '16-'17.
Kelly is probably the best bet among college coaches to jump to NFL. ND looks very good on paper next year.

Why does it take so long for ACC to finalize football schedule?

No. Because then there is either one spot or no spots left for the Big Ten, Big XII, and Pac-12.

Teams still in contention from the Big 12: Kansas State and maybe TCU? I think it's almost safe to say they won't send a team. The Pac-12 only sends a team if Oregon or Arizona wins out and Arizona is still a major question mark even on that front IMO. FSU goes if they win out and then the winner of the Big Ten goes if it's Michigan State or Ohio State and they win out.

I think that if those two teams enter the Egg Bowl undefeated that they both go no matter what. You don't keep home a one-loss SEC team even to let Oregon in and I don't see how anyone from the Big 10 or 12 jumps the loser of the Egg Bowl even if they win out. I may be missing something though.

Teams still in contention from the Big 12: Kansas State and maybe TCU? I think it's almost safe to say they won't send a team.

If that's because you think they're not going to go 11-1, then sure.

If it's any other reason, they should absolutely make it.

And Miss St and Ole Miss should both absolutely go if they don't collectively lose to anyone else. It would be ludicrous to exclude them

Well you could end up with a 1-loss SEC Champion Georgia beating a previously unbeaten Mississippi team and then the Egg Bowl loser should absolutely be left home.

Well you could end up with a 1-loss SEC Champion Georgia beating a previously unbeaten Mississippi team and then the Egg Bowl loser should absolutely be left home.

That's a good point.

WSC, I don't think that an 11-1 Kansas State or TCU team jumps an 11-1 SEC West team do you - that's how I feel they would be excluded. I think F$U is overrated but I think they'll likely go 13-0 to take the third spot. Mainly though it's because I don't think either will go 11-1 as you pointed out.

Back