• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Anounces Notre Dame opponents 2015-2025

Loooooooong way to go. With the exception of FSU and the Mississippi schools, all the rest have to win out to be in the discussion. Here's who everyone still has to get through (and this doesn't even count spoiler teams like Oregon St, Minnesota, etc.)

FSU - ok, they're in.

Miss St - Arkansas, Bama, Ole Miss, SECCG
OM - LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Miss St, SECCG
Bama - LSU, Miss St, Auburn, SECCG
Auburn - Ole Miss, aTm, Georgia, Alabama, SECCG
UGA - Florida (jk), Auburn, Ga Tech, SECCG

Mich St - Ohio St, B1GCG
Ohio St - Mich St, B1GCG
Nebraska - Wisconsin, B1GCG

K State - Texas, Ok St, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor
Baylor - Oklahoma, Ok St, Kansas St
TCU - West Virginia, Kansas St, Texas

Oregon - Stanford, Pac12CG
Arizona St - Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona St, Pac12CG
Arizona - UCLA, Washington, Arizona St, Pac12CG

Notre Dame - Arizona St, Louisville, USC

Or, there won't be much chaos, all the favorites will win out, and we'll get to Dec. 6th with 9 teams having a chance to play their way in on that day - which would also be awesome.

undefeated FSU vs. 1-loss Duke
1-loss UGA vs. undefeated or 1-loss SEC West team
1-loss OSU/MSU winner vs. 1-loss Nebraska
1-loss K State vs. 1-loss Baylor in final reg season game for both
1-loss Oregon vs. USC (2 losses)

One Committee member has quit. Another one this week said he is giving Oregon a pass on their loss because they had some injuries to their OL or something ridiculously stupid like that.

It wouldn't be CFB without a post-season that doesn't make any sense.

Or, there won't be much chaos, all the favorites will win out, and we'll get to Dec. 6th with 9 teams having a chance to play their way in on that day - which would also be awesome.

undefeated FSU vs. 1-loss Duke
1-loss UGA vs. undefeated or 1-loss SEC West team
1-loss OSU/MSU winner vs. 1-loss Nebraska
1-loss K State vs. 1-loss Baylor in final reg season game for both
1-loss Oregon vs. USC (2 losses)

I count eight teams because I don't see any way Duke or Southern Cal makes it.

I'll be honest I think that whole deal is a crock of crap. Notre Dame should have to be in the ACC for everything or not at all in my opinion. It was neat when they came to Winston to play and all, but I don't like this partial member crap.

Totally agree. They should be a full member or fuck 'em. We'd have to add another team if they did join as a full member. That would be interesting to see who it is.

Whoa we just signed a home-and-home series with Ole Miss. They come to Winston in 2024 and we go there in 2025. Obviously a long ways away, but pretty cool that we were able to get a home-and-home with a team currently in the top 5

they're gonna regret that when clawson's deacs are coming off their third straight CFB playoff championship

Loooooooong way to go. With the exception of FSU and the Mississippi schools, all the rest have to win out to be in the discussion. Here's who everyone still has to get through (and this doesn't even count spoiler teams like Oregon St, Minnesota, etc.)

FSU - ok, they're in.

Miss St - Arkansas, Bama, Ole Miss, SECCG
OM - LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Miss St, SECCG
Bama - LSU, Miss St, Auburn, SECCG
Auburn - Ole Miss, aTm, Georgia, Alabama, SECCG
UGA - Florida (jk), Auburn, Ga Tech, SECCG

Mich St - Ohio St, B1GCG
Ohio St - Mich St, B1GCG
Nebraska - Wisconsin, B1GCG

K State - Texas, Ok St, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor
Baylor - Oklahoma, Ok St, Kansas St
TCU - West Virginia, Kansas St, Texas

Oregon - Stanford, Pac12CG
Arizona St - Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona St, Pac12CG
Arizona - UCLA, Washington, Arizona St, Pac12CG

Notre Dame - Arizona St, Louisville, USC

Haha Texas shouldn't be on those B12 lists. They're garbage.

Utah should be added to the Pac12 lists. They play Oregon and Arizona at home.

Totally agree. They should be a full member or fuck 'em. We'd have to add another team if they did join as a full member. That would be interesting to see who it is.

UCONN would be the obvious one

I count eight teams because I don't see any way Duke or Southern Cal makes it.

If Duke is a 1-loss ACC champ, then they should be in it. So, in theory, they could still be alive going into ACCCG. Agree, though, that I don't see any way they're actually going to make it.

Whoa we just signed a home-and-home series with Ole Miss. They come to Winston in 2024 and we go there in 2025. Obviously a long ways away, but pretty cool that we were able to get a home-and-home with a team currently in the top 5

Link?

Haha Texas shouldn't be on those B12 lists. They're garbage.

Utah should be added to the Pac12 lists. They play Oregon and Arizona at home.

Fair on both points. Either way, every team in the discussion still has 3-4 good tests to go.

Understand the sentiment but personally, I'm not complaining. In 14 years since adopting Wake, the ND visit/game has been the zenith of my in attendance football game watching. That whole night was absolutely electric....36,300+, rally towels....heck, when was the last time a blimp hovered over a nationally televised/prime time home game ?

Except it was colder than a witches' tit.

Duke will lose a couple more times. That division is too evenly matched for a team to win out unless they get really lucky

We already played a home-and-home with Ole Miss within the last 8 years. We won both and the return game where Riley out-dueled Jevon Snead was one of the best games I've ever witnessed at BB&T.

They may be top 5 right now, but they're still an average SEC program at best.

Last edited:
UCONN would be the obvious one
We made a mistake not taking WVU and should try to correct it.

We already played a home-and-home with Ole Miss within the last 8 years. We won both and the return game where Riley out-dueled Jevon Snead was one of the best games I've ever witnessed at BB&T.

They may be top 5 right now, but they're still an average SEC program at best.
Michael Oher had about a dozen false starts that were never called that day.

I'm beginning to think this Duke team might just be really lucky.

They remind me a lot of WF from 2006-2009. Duke does not turn the ball over; they don't give up big plays on D; they wait for the opponent to get impatient and make a mistake. After the game is over, the opponent asks "how did that happen? they are not that good?" Duke has as good a chance as anyone on that side of the ACC to reach the ACCCG. They also have one advantage over the others in the Coastal division: their two foes from the Atlantic are WF and Cuse (kind of like the edge WF held when Duke sucked every year). Virginia plays FSU, GT plays Clemson, Miami plays FSU, and already lost to L'ville; UNC already lost to Clemson. Only VT (WF and BC) and Pitt (Cuse and BC) play similarly easy teams from the other division. Handicapping the Coastal race, I would make Duke the favorite with Pitt the 2nd choice (Pitt plays at Duke on November 1); the winner of Pitt/Duke game will be in the driver's seat for the Coastal title.

Last edited:
Back