• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Anounces Notre Dame opponents 2015-2025

I would absolutely take a one-loss TCU over a one-loss Florida State. I do agree with that. Oregon and TCU are probably close.

These teams are very clustered at the top and even if we don't agree with Sagarin, at least just looking at the range of the top ten it's pretty amazing that the best team (Ole Miss) would only be a touchdown favorite over the 10th best (LSU). Last year I think FSU was a touchdown better than everyone else on a neutral field. Here's the top ten and how far back of Ole Miss they are (aka the theoretical point spread that the metrics would have for a neutral field matchup between the two teams)

1. Ole Miss
2. Alabama (.4)
3. Auburn (1.5)
4. Georgia (3.5)
5. Oklahoma (5.5)
6. TCU (5.7)
7. Mississippi State (6.2)
8. Baylor (6.5)
9. Oregon (7.3)
10. LSU (7.5)

The SEC has six of the top ten teams, the Big 12 has three, and the Pac 12 has one. The Big 10's highest-rated team is Ohio State at 11th, the ACC's highest-rated team is Clemson at 14th, and then Notre Dame is 13th.

My head has exploded w/ the strong possibility that Bama/Ole Piss/MSU all end up in a 3 way 1-loss tie.

FSU is not going to be 12-1. Don't you bring that weak tot action!

Rejected+don+t+you+bring+that+weak+tot+action+you+go+_8ceac5f157b5488d93799d513b6c9b1d.gif

Louisville's D ain't no joke!

The SEC going to 9 games would help clear this up.

My head has exploded w/ the strong possibility that Bama/Ole Piss/MSU all end up in a 3 way 1-loss tie.

But that means Ole Miss loses the Egg Bowl at home.

I honestly think that Ole Miss will lose to LSU or Auburn. Mississippi State will Lose to Alabama. Mississippi State beats Ole Miss at Oxford. Auburn will lose to Alabama. Alabama wins the tiebreaker over MSU and plays in the SECCG.

I think Ole Miss probably gets upset this week at LSU.

I think what happens is Ole Miss loses this week, Alabama beats Mississippi State, and Ole Miss beats Alabama to go to the SEC championship in an 11-1 tie with Alabama and winning the head-to-head.

I don't have odds in front of me but a futures bet on Ole Miss to win the title has to be the best value right now IMO of any of them. Three home games left (two against Auburn and Mississippi State) and seemingly the best shot to get into the SEC title game with a tiebreak win over Alabama. The Egg Bowl at home is huge. I expect they will be around a six point favorite.

If Oregon is in w/ 1 loss, shouldn't Michigan State get some love for having just lost to Oregon?

Oh and book it that F$U loses their first playoff game.

I think FSU is definitely worse than Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, and maybe even LSU. Any of those first five teams would likely beat FSU in the first playoff game IMO.

I don't think Bama's gonna beat Miss State. I do see Ole Piss beating the Bulldogs in Oxford.

Auburn prob wins the Iron Bowl, but with Gurley back they're gonna lose in Athens. Revenge game for the Dawgs.

I think FSU is definitely worse than Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, and maybe even LSU. Any of those first five teams would likely beat FSU in the first playoff game IMO.

I'd add Mich State, Oregon, Oklahoma, maybe TCU or even an Arizona to that list. OR Notre Dame in a re-match on a neutral field.

Louisville???? The team that struggled to beat us at home? LOL

Mississippi State and Auburn have tough road schedules. Auburn seems destined to pick up another loss between away games with Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. MSU still plays at Alabama and Ole Miss (and at UK this weekend).

Don't sleep on Kentucky in Lexington. They aren't good this year but they are frisky. They're gonna be realllll good in 2 years.

Their defense is quite good. They'll be in a game with anyone this season.

And it's not like FSU has looked that good -- like all year. Hell we were beating them after the first quarter in Tally.

I think Miami can give them a game too

Just wait. Clawson will own Notre Dame in a couple years like Jim Grobe owned Florida State. Next to our instate rivals and Clemson....I want to beat ND more than any other team

The NCAA has what it wants. People all over the country talking about their team or conference and it's chances of making it.

Back