• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Anounces Notre Dame opponents 2015-2025

Sure, Duke has just as good a chance as everyone else in the division. The best team (VPI/Duke) is only a touchdown better than the worst team (UNC). It's a complete clusterfuck.

Whoa we just signed a home-and-home series with Ole Miss. They come to Winston in 2024 and we go there in 2025. Obviously a long ways away, but pretty cool that we were able to get a home-and-home with a team currently in the top 5

We will have players on our roster who were barely alive when we played them at Oxford in 2006.

Loooooooong way to go. With the exception of FSU and the Mississippi schools, all the rest have to win out to be in the discussion. Here's who everyone still has to get through (and this doesn't even count spoiler teams like Oregon St, Minnesota, etc.)

FSU - ok, they're in.

Miss St - Arkansas, Bama, Ole Miss, SECCG
OM - LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Miss St, SECCG
Bama - LSU, Miss St, Auburn, SECCG
Auburn - Ole Miss, aTm, Georgia, Alabama, SECCG
UGA - Florida (jk), Auburn, Ga Tech, SECCG

Mich St - Ohio St, B1GCG
Ohio St - Mich St, B1GCG
Nebraska - Wisconsin, B1GCG

K State - Texas, Ok St, TCU, West Virginia, Baylor
Baylor - Oklahoma, Ok St, Kansas St
TCU - West Virginia, Kansas St, Texas

Oregon - Stanford, Pac12CG
Arizona St - Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona St, Pac12CG
Arizona - UCLA, Washington, Arizona St, Pac12CG

Notre Dame - Arizona St, Louisville, USC

IF ND wins out(and FSU remains undefeated), than they will be in the playoff.

Yeah, the ND one annoys me a bit.

People are talking up Louisville, @ USC and @ Arizona State like it's some amazing remaining sched. If so Pac-12 teams have way harder finishes.

They play 10 Power 5 teams but most teams they'll be competing against for playoff spots will have played minimum 9 and in most cases at least 10, so I don't see why that's such a huge feather in the cap.

And they're getting too much credit for playing well but losing in a marquee game everyone watched. How bout how they were lucky to squeak by Stanford and looked crap against UNC?

I really don't see the first year of the new playoff being skewed towards the SEC. I think the committee will take care to not have this look like the SEC playoff for the championship, and will go with teams from 4 different conferences.

After the SEC schools pitch a fit, we will start hearing talk of a 6 or 8 team playoff.

ND is in if they win out, but I don't think that they win out. As mentioned above, they came close to losing to Stanford and UNC at home and struggled with Cuse. Any of ND's remaining opponents (including Northwestern and Navy) could beat them, and one of them will.

Assuming no more losses, the winners of the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl should automatically advance to the championship game. Those are the 4 best teams.

The coastal sucks Duke is just as good as any of the rest of the hot garbage in that division

I don't really get how people keep talking up how good of a loss this was for Notre Dame, yet then turn around and say how they aren't sure how good FSU is. Seems extremely contradictory to me.

I don't really get how people keep talking up how good of a loss this was for Notre Dame, yet then turn around and say how they aren't sure how good FSU is. Seems extremely contradictory to me.

Doesn't matter, SEC SPEED

They remind me a lot of WF from 2006-2009. Duke does not turn the ball over; they don't give up big plays on D; they wait for the opponent to get impatient and make a mistake. After the game is over, the opponent asks "how did that happen? they are not that good?" Duke has as good a chance as anyone on that side of the ACC to reach the ACCCG. They also have one advantage over the others in the Coastal division: their two foes from the Atlantic are WF and Cuse (kind of like the edge WF held when Duke sucked every year). Virginia plays FSU, GT plays Clemson, Miami plays FSU, and already lost to L'ville; UNC already lost to Clemson. Only VT (WF and BC) and Pitt (Cuse and BC) play similarly easy teams from the other division. Handicapping the Coastal race, I would make Duke the favorite with Pitt the 2nd choice (Pitt plays at Duke on November 1); the winner of Pitt/Duke game will be in the driver's seat for the Coastal title.

Then I hope our game with them Thanksgiving weekend is like our game vs VT in 2006

Assuming no more losses, the winners of the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl should automatically advance to the championship game. Those are the 4 best teams.

Alabama and Miss. St. still play, as do Auburn and Ole Miss, so there stands to be a whole lot more carnage in the SEC West before championship Saturday.

Back