• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After 21 hours bitching, Cruz votes with Democrats

GOP Rep. Peter King called Cruz - self-righteous fraud, carnival huckster, spreading lies and is ashamed of the lies he tells

When "cantaloupe calves" Peter King calls you a self-righteous fraud who is spreading lies, you know you've hit rock bottom. That's like Jeff [Redacted] criticizing a basketball coach.

Cruz: Genuine or another photo op?

cruzpraying-300x269.jpg

Pretty sure that's the point. Cruz is getting called out by hacks

??? Not a Ted Cruz fan, but if the hacks are calling you out, wouldn't that be a positive? [Redacted] calling me a terrible basketball coach would actually encourage me. Lobo criticizing my playcalling would be a resume builder.

When "cantaloupe calves" Peter King calls you a self-righteous fraud who is spreading lies, you know you've hit rock bottom. That's like Jeff [Redacted] criticizing a basketball coach.

You've got the wrong KING. That was STEVE King of Iowa not PETER King of NY.

??? Not a Ted Cruz fan, but if the hacks are calling you out, wouldn't that be a positive? [Redacted] calling me a terrible basketball coach would actually encourage me. Lobo criticizing my playcalling would be a resume builder.

Hacks call out hacks all the time, mostly for hacking.

The thing I don't get about Cruz as compared to those other people is that he is a very intelligent person. I always thought of the Tea Partiers as playing a few cards short of a full deck, but Cruz is extremely smart. I don't know what his deal is. He's probably just wrong. Or he may be one of these people who is almost too smart for their own good. The type who thinks they can take over any situation and sell anyone anything because they're God's gift to Earth.

Cruz is hyper-ambitious and academically accomplished, but he doesn't seem to be playing a very good long range game. He's positioned himself well with the Tea Party and that may win the 2016 GOP nomination, but he'll have to move closer to the center to get to 270 in a general election. He needs to take a few traditional blue states to win and those states are far from overly friendly to the Tea Party. Nixon's the only President to win after an earlier loss, so Cruz's focus on the 2016 nomination may doom his only shot.

Cruz is hyper-ambitious and academically accomplished, but he doesn't seem to be playing a very good long range game. He's positioned himself well with the Tea Party and that may win the 2016 GOP nomination, but he'll have to move closer to the center to get to 270 in a general election. He needs to take a few traditional blue states to win and those states are far from overly friendly to the Tea Party. Nixon's the only President to win after an earlier loss, so Cruz's focus on the 2016 nomination may doom his only shot.

Cruz doesn't have a prayer at getting the republican nomination.

Cruz doesn't have a prayer at getting the republican nomination.

How so?

Cruz and Republicans seem to believe the nation will move hard right after Obamacare.

Who do you think are the Pub favorites?

Last edited:
I think it is a one man show. Christie if he wants it.

Similar to Hillary and the democratic nomination.

I think it is a one man show. Christie if he wants it.

Similar to Hillary and the democratic nomination.

Can a man who doesn't hate gays win the nomination?

I know it's early and stupid to speculate but I'll play...

Can Christie win Iowa or South Carolina? I figure he'd be a favorite in New Hampshire. Does a crowded field split votes in the other bigger state primaries?

Wrangor, you live around a lot of Republicans. Do they like Christie?

Wrangor, you live around a lot of Republicans. Do they like Christie?

Yes. Love him. In Mississippi at least. These are tea party folks. The fringes. They would vote for him without thinking twice.

He has a huge personality (obvious pun). They like that. He doesn't take crap from anyone but backs it up with intelligent discourse. He is a great candidate. He can be his somewhat moderate self and still win over the crazies.

I promise you. If he runs it won't be close.

Yes. Love him. In Mississippi at least. These are tea party folks. The fringes. They would vote for him without thinking twice.

He has a huge personality (obvious pun). They like that. He doesn't take crap from anyone but backs it up with intelligent discourse. He is a great candidate. He can be his somewhat moderate self and still win over the crazies.

I promise you. If he runs it won't be close.

A current GOP nomination has almost nothing to do with rank-and-file voters, sadly. It's about the money-men. Can Christie win over a large portion of the GOP machine that found Romney far too weak a conservative? I have my doubts. He'll have to say the things they want him to say to be considered a "true conservative", but that stuff can't be backtracked, which loses you the middle anyway, and with the added bonus of looking weak to your own supporters. A very large chuck of the GOP wrongly believes that that's why they lost the last time out, and not because America doesn't want a hard right president or hard right policies. So Christie will be fighting a "No Romney 2.0" perception from the jump, with the GOP powerbrokers, even though that's unfair (he's a much better candidate than the empty shirt, Romney).

Last edited:
Back