• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After the Women's March: Forward

Lol- one of the main people behind a worldwide march of millions of people.

Its getting sad around here. Step up your game.

While millions of people participated in the march, millions of people were not involved in organizing it.

Few people could name anybody who helped organize the March.

Few people could name anybody who helped organize the March.

She's the only one I can remember. She was interviewed in the NY Times about the pro-life groups that were excluded. Well, the non-Muslim pro-life groups. CAIR was allowed.

It is amazing how threatened bsf and the rest of the Trumpshills are by women. I could speculate as to why, but will leave that to others.

trump is so divisive it's actually unifying otherwise unrelated political movements in their opposition. there were just as many global protests against trump as there were in celebration of obama eight years ago.

it is civic duty to squash this mickey mouse horse shit before any of it gets off the ground. the first 100 days will set the tone. opposition must be relentless until he is politically destroyed.

Definitely has accepted the outcome of the election and ready to learn from it.

I'm a revolutionary. I told my Democratic friends that I thought Trump would be impeached by the Republicans in time to save the 2018 elections. Now, I'll be surprised if he makes it to Labor Day.

He will be there for labor day 2024. Let that sink in a bit.

Definitely has accepted the outcome of the election and ready to learn from it.

What the fuck does a desire to fight stupid policies and bad ideas have to do with accepting the results of an election?

What the fuck does a desire to fight stupid policies and bad ideas have to do with accepting the results of an election?

You will be asking this question again November of 2020.

Here is a great example of how resistance to stupid ideas can bring about moderation, regardless of election results.

Chaffetz withdraws his dumb plan to sell off 3.3 million acres of public land because congress was inundated with phone calls denouncing the bad idea. This was Aamond Bundy's wettest dream of a bill and people fought back and changed the plan. Good work people.

https://www.denverite.com/utah-rep-...l-sold-off-public-land-colorado-states-28638/

Here is a great example of how resistance to stupid ideas can bring about moderation, regardless of election results.

Chaffetz withdraws his dumb plan to sell off 3.3 million acres of public land because congress was inundated with phone calls denouncing the bad idea. This was Aamond Bundy's wettest dream of a bill and people fought back and changed the plan. Good work people.

https://www.denverite.com/utah-rep-...l-sold-off-public-land-colorado-states-28638/

Awesome.

Linda Sarsour was one of the organizers of the march. She didn't come up with the idea, but she - along with Tamika Mallory and Carmen Perez - were brought soon after to help organize. I'm surprised BSF isn't a fan, she's a big time Bernie supporter and really dislikes Clinton.

I'm not watching a Fox News clip on her, and I'm not sure why they think they can undermine a march of millions of people by attacking one organizer. (Especially since Ph is right, most people, including those that marched, probably do not know who she is.) I did see on Samantha Bee's show that Fox was pretending the march was all in liberal elite coastal cities. Oh, Fox News.

Linda Sarsour was one of the organizers of the march. She didn't come up with the idea, but she - along with Tamika Mallory and Carmen Perez - were brought soon after to help organize. I'm surprised BSF isn't a fan, she's a big time Bernie supporter and really dislikes Clinton.

I'm not watching a Fox News clip on her, and I'm not sure why they think they can undermine a march of millions of people by attacking one organizer. (Especially since Ph is right, most people, including those that marched, probably do not know who she is.) I did see on Samantha Bee's show that Fox was pretending the march was all in liberal elite coastal cities. Oh, Fox News.

You aren't sure why a news network that loves authoritarian strongman leadership thinks they can define a movement by one person?

Pretty cool that this random little call to action post-March has worked out so well

Miriam’s Kitchen Got 970 Metro cards after the Inauguration and the Women’s March

“After the Inauguration and the Women’s March, we asked people to donate unneeded Metro cards to us so that we could help guests get to critical appointments. We were absolutely amazed by the response. You helped share the post so that it reached more than 795,000 people. To date, we have received 970 Metro cards from as far away as Hawaii, California, Montana, Oregon, and Texas. Additionally, many donors included warm messages of hope as well as additional support.

We have been so touched by the sense of community and good will that people across the nation have shown to our guests and our efforts to end long-term homelessness in our nation’s capital. Tesfay Yegzaw is an MK guest who recently lost his job and has limited funds. Your kindness has helped him get to his next doctor’s appointment. Thank you so much.”

3z0UAyJ.jpg

http://theweek.com/speedreads/67939...ess-persisted-shirts-support-elizabeth-warren

The athletic brand Reebok is piggy-backing on the viral success with a "nevertheless, she persisted" T-shirt. "We watched this week as our own state['s] senator was 'silenced' by her critics for doing her job," Dan Mazei, a senior director at the Boston-based company, told Mic in an email. "As dismayed as we were, we were also reignited by the rallying cry of, 'nevertheless, she persisted.'"

Back