• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After the Women's March: Forward

Yes. She hasn't been in it.

He's a high profile accused rapist. That made it worse.

I believe this shouldn't have been covered by the media at all. The outrage was laughable. Winston isn't a life coach or career counselor. He's a big strong football player visiting a classroom full of children in Tampa. Obviously known from FSU and Bucs. He's not a rocket scientist. He chooses to use HIS knowledge of football (which is primarily a mans sport) to help a little boy feel comfortable. For a momement in time he has the girls quiet and ladylike while the boys are called upon to stand. Maybe because it's Winston with his history that people chose to view this as sexist. If we can't separate male and female at times without viewing everything as sexist or unfair we are in trouble.

the more you explain it the better it sounds. Keep trying.

I joined a local group here inspired by the women's march and the national pantsuit nation Facebook page to generate political activity locally and turn frustration into action. I even stepped up to co lead the of the environmental subgroup, but today I gave up. We were trying to plan a local Science March, but the organizers spilt into factions regarding the political vs ecucational nature of the event and that spilt evolved in to name calling and general disrespectful dialog. What a bunch of shit. Liberals will never make any progress as a political movement unless each sub-faction can learn to unify the message and sacrifice some attention to their own core issue for the sake of some greater umbrella movement. The event completely fell apart and after getting parade permits, getting scientists and speakers on board, ordering event tshirts, etc. the whole thing has been cancelled. What a waste. I guess I'll head to Atlanta or Birmingham for the March.

That's because for liberals there's no good singular rallying cry. Conservatives always come together despite disagreeing with core principles of a candidate or group. Just look at the massive fucking hypocrite evangelicals.

a rube army, united as one, with rallying cries like "lock her up !"

I joined a local group here inspired by the women's march and the national pantsuit nation Facebook page to generate political activity locally and turn frustration into action. I even stepped up to co lead the of the environmental subgroup, but today I gave up. We were trying to plan a local Science March, but the organizers spilt into factions regarding the political vs ecucational nature of the event and that spilt evolved in to name calling and general disrespectful dialog. What a bunch of shit. Liberals will never make any progress as a political movement unless each sub-faction can learn to unify the message and sacrifice some attention to their own core issue for the sake of some greater umbrella movement. The event completely fell apart and after getting parade permits, getting scientists and speakers on board, ordering event tshirts, etc. the whole thing has been cancelled. What a waste. I guess I'll head to Atlanta or Birmingham for the March.

Vegans v. Vegetaraians. Now there's some good fighting.

That's because for liberals there's no good singular rallying cry. Conservatives always come together despite disagreeing with core principles of a candidate or group. Just look at the massive fucking hypocrite evangelicals.

So true. Conservatives have no core principles so it's easy for them to get in line. They are also easily fooled by their leaders.

What was the nature of the disagreement?

Sounds like people who wanted to be anti-Trump vs people who wanted to be pro-science.

Lol! Sounds like someone got triggered. I thought all liberal meetings would be drum circles and affirmation sessions.

Seriously though, the Democrats are just a collection of special interest groups. Does it surprise you that the environmentalists and the chicks with dicks have different agendas? The only thing Democrats have in common is that they aren't Republicans.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

True. Republicans are a rather homogeneous lot in comparison. It's good to see you acknowledge that.

liberals are constantly violating their own principles, so what good are they?

Which principles did you have in mind?

Conservatives are a caricature of themselves nowadays. I agree with that.

Back