• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alma Mater being banned at the end of Football Games.......

Nice job social media.
I credit myself for retweeting the original BSD article to the Deacon Club and getting it in Chill's mentions. ;)

Things that lasted longer than this decision: GO!

what kind of clown show are we supporting here? 62k$ per year and we have to put up with this crap?

Nice job social media.
I credit myself for retweeting the original BSD article to the Deacon Club and getting it in Chill's mentions. ;)
Look at the bright side of things, after the buzzaster, it appears that the school is more receptive and reactive to the sentiment of the alumni than before. The FB group was started just hours ago, and the overwhelming momentum it generated directly led to reversing the decision.

is this our AD's "new coke" strategy?

1. make idiotic decision
2. incite outrage
3. "listen" to fanbase
4. reverse decision
5. ???
6. profit

Wellman's just trolling now. The more absurd the action, the greater the statement that he is bulletproof.

Look at the bright side of things, after the buzzaster, it appears that the school is more receptive and reactive to the sentiment of the alumni than before. The FB group was started just hours ago, and the overwhelming momentum it generated directly led to reversing the decision.

1000 members in four hours is impressive.

That Facebook page is a good way to stay in touch with active alums.

Am I just not seeing it or has the FB page already been taken down?

ETA: See it now but it wasn't on my list of groups when it had been previously.

Last edited:
Thank y'all for your due diligence in reaching out to WF Communications Dept.
Of course you already know there's no chance in Chapel Hill that you'll hear back from them.

Guessing we will get a "no comment"

it's incredible that they're so out of touch w/ students and alumni they thought this would be a quick, non-controversial decision to make.

idiots.

Well to be fair, apparently the decision was made in the summer and nobody noticed until November, so it wasn't a big deal to most people. Let's be honest, 90% of the stadium is gone by that point anyway.

Still it was not a smart decision.

If this is a Wellman thing, the board has to take notice. What else could be so out of touch with the university community?

If this is a directive from someone further down the food chain, WOOF. I don't like going after the rank and file's jobs much (they have mouths to feed, too!), but this is fucking awful.

Back