• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America Is Not For Black People - Greg Howard

This.

I've always considered myself a liberal. I've voted for liberal candidates on a regular basis & supported civil rights causes for 50 years. However, my definition of liberalism & support for civil rights causes does not include defending and/or making alibis for blatant criminal behavior. The rest of you "liberals" can continue to do this if you wish. Cheer on the looters & rioters. Say crime really isn't that big of a deal if it is just a "petty" crime....but I'm not going to do it. I'll continue to support all kinds of civil rights issues to help create a fair society for everyone....but I'm not going to defend criminals. As I asked before, what percentage of criminals cases in our bloated court system involve repeat, habitual criminals? 80%? 90%? More than 90%? I'm goddamned sick & tired of it.
This is why the police department released that video at the same time as the officers name, to win the hearts and minds of simple minded "tough on crime" dipshits. Wilson didn't even know about the fucking shoplifting. An officer reprimanded two 18 year old teens for jaywalking and the situation escalted to a shooting death of an unarmed man, yet you'd rather base your entire prejudice on an unrelated petty theft, instead of the fucking eye witness testimony of the other jaywalker.

You weren't there bkf, period. You don't know what the fuck happened, or how "indefensible" it was. You want to believe in the improbable because it's convenient for you. Some kid is willing to push a convrnience store owner (why did he do this?) so of course he just punched a cop and tried to steal his gun. Makes perfect sense - scared criminal tests cop and gets killed.

How long do you think the incident took? Serious question.

Don't be simple...not from the point where the officer issued an every day "hey fellas, get outta the street,would ya"

Start from a man shoving another man back into a police cruiser, a blow to the officers face,a quick struggle for the officers weapon,a shot going off and the man assaulting the officer taking off running while the officer exits the vehicle and shouts "freeze" to a man who knows he's in real trouble now.

I thought a half minute at most for that to go down.

What say ye,smart guy? A 3 minute round. :) yea, sure...with adrenaline racing for both men.

Last edited:
Only to those who don't read the obvious POV and cynical counter to Lectro.

You are the cynic. You assume all Police Officers are white and go to their jobs every morning hoping for a chance to shoot a black person execution style at mid day and in the middle of the road.

Don't be simple...not from the point where the officer issued an every day "hey fellas, get outta the street,would ya" -hearsay
"Start from a man shoving another man back into a police cruiser"
-hearsay
"a blow to the officers face,a quick struggle for the officers weapon,a shot going off"
-probable
"and the man assaulting the officer taking off running while the officer exits the vehicle and shouts "freeze" to a man who knows he's in real trouble now."
-hearsay
Without more facts, I don't care how much time the event took. I'm sure it happened relatively quickly. The more pertinent questions IMO:

1. Why/How did Brown hit Wilson?

2. Why/How did the struggle for the weapon begin? Was Brown struggling for the weapon to defend himself from it?

3. Why/How did Brown get 40ft+
from Wilson?

4. Why/How did Wilson shoot and kill Brown from 40+ ft?

5. Why didn't Wilson apprehend Brown using non-lethal means?

The idea that a guy with no priors is going to suddenly try and fight/kill a police officer because of a 5$ crime is insane. It's unbelievable. What's more unbelievable is that an unarmed guy is going to run straight at a pointed weapon from 40ft away. I'm not willing to debate the topic with someone who's attempting to reduce the narrative to "scared criminal attacks cop and gets shot"

There really aren't enough facts yet to compose a reasonable theory, so I don't trust anyone attempting to do so, but what really pisses me off are those who have clearly chosen a side already based completely on the smear tactics.

There really aren't enough facts yet to compose a reasonable theory, so I don't trust anyone attempting to do so, but what really pisses me off are those who have clearly chosen a side already based completely on the smear tactics.

All you did there was describe yourself. If jumping to conclusions was a combine event as opposed to an Office Space trope you'd be signed based solely on straight line-speed. Fortunately,for all of us, the truth is not so streamlined and easy to see. This keeps us honest and clear of the Real Totalitarian in the room. Yea,that's right, I invoke the atheist extraordinaire, Christopher Hitchens. -- I never always agreed with him and sometimes
I vehemently went at him -- but I know when a "Mind" has made its presence aware...that's why John Stewart loved him -- made him think twice about that which he was convinced he was sure. (sic)

Last edited:
Did he rob the store? Sources please.

Whoa...hang on Strick. Let me ask you to,yes,"subjectively" tell me what you see from
videos and stills of Mike grabbing the clerk and returning to grab him again. Let's you and
I debate the militarization of American Police forces.
,the disconnect between conmunities and representative policing, etc., but let's not devolve a film we can plainly see into "gloves that don't fit".

I'll walk with you in your argument - just leave off with that,would you please? If is a non starter and as fellow small business man I hate to see the Indian clerk-owner bear up this mans behavior. That's not correct...but I feel certain that if the testimony is called he will have to tell a truth which will hurt him and his partners in that store. He is in a tough spot and my wish and his prayer are that pictures are indeed,worth a thousands words. We can see what happened...it's not a place for a logic defying conspiracy to cover an obvious confrontation between Mike and the store operator/owner.

All you did there was describe yourself. If jumping to conclusions was a combine event as opposed to an Office Space trope you'd be signed based solely on straight line-speed.

That's bullshit, and you're lying. I challenge you to find a post of mine on the topic that posits an unsupported conclusion on the event, declaring Wilson guilty of unjustified homicide. Quote me and post it right here in this thread. No hypotheses - conclusions about the event. I won't give you anything else to respond to besides that challenge.

- edit was to clarify terminology, to avoid semantic bullshit

Last edited:
Getting back to the OP issue, one aspect of this black/white thing that has always puzzled me is "acting white", in particular Jamie Foxx's comments a year or so ago. It really seems to be at the core, along with other aspects that get discussed. Can anyone explain it? I'm especially interested in the quote below because it really seems like it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't". The kind of hypersensitivity to racial issues he describes is going to make people feel like "america is not for them", isn't it? And what does it mean to "act black"?

http://rollingout.com/entertainment/jamie-foxx-says-hes-forced-to-act-white-for-work/#_

“As black folks we’re always sensitive,” Foxx said. “As a black person it’s always racial. I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese, I’ll be like, ain’t this a b—-. Y’all didn’t know black people was coming. What’s with all this white s—? By the same token, if there is fried chicken and watermelon I’ll say ain’t this a b—-? So, no matter what we do as black people it’s always gonna be that.”

Have you ever read Dreams From my Father? A lot of really good talk on race discourse and race theory in here.

Or in fiction, I'd suggest Nella Larsen's Passing.

Whoa...hang on Strick. Let me ask you to,yes,"subjectively" tell me what you see from
videos and stills of Mike grabbing the clerk and returning to grab him again. Let's you and
,the disconnect between conmunities and representative policing, etc., but let's not devolve a film we can plainly see into "gloves that don't fit".

I'll walk with you in your argument - just leave off with that,would you please? If is a non starter and as fellow small business man I hate to see the Indian clerk-owner bear up this mans behavior. That's not correct...but I feel certain that if the testimony is called he will have to tell a truth which will hurt him and his partners in that store. He is in a tough spot and my wish and his prayer are that pictures are indeed,worth a thousands words. We can see what happened...it's not a place for a logic defying conspiracy to cover an obvious confrontation between Mike and the store operator/owner.

These guys say that the money was taken by the clerk, that they just had an altercation.

The clerk never called 911, it was another customer. https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/did-michael-brown-steal-cigars-or-pay-for-them/

These guys say that the money was taken by the clerk, that they just had an altercation.

The clerk never called 911, it was another customer. https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/did-michael-brown-steal-cigars-or-pay-for-them/

oops?

dog-whistle.jpg

Joe Leduc, a senior political science major who is of Filipino heritage, said that African-American residential advisors were asked by their white advisees whether they were dressed “black enough” and whether could borrow their clothes for the party.
Salaam said in her email that she overheard underage freshman planning to attend the party on Sept. 5 make comments like, “We should ask a black person how to dress,” and “I know how to dress for this; I’m sooooo ghetto.”

This kind of party is the primary plot of the upcoming film Dear White People.

NSFW language and one brief scene.

Joe Leduc, a senior political science major who is of Filipino heritage, said that African-American residential advisors were asked by their white advisees whether they were dressed “black enough” and whether could borrow their clothes for the party.
Salaam said in her email that she overheard underage freshman planning to attend the party on Sept. 5 make comments like, “We should ask a black person how to dress,” and “I know how to dress for this; I’m sooooo ghetto.”

meh. those are harmless. these are the real issue:

“People were saying, ‘The only people who cause racism to happen are the people who complain about racism,’ and ‘Go die, Brittany,’” Leduc said, in reference to the residential advisor who filed the bias incident report. “There were comments about lynchings and ‘Get your crosses and sheets.’ It sort of makes them feel at the very least unwelcomed and at the most unsafe.”

the party itself should be harmless. it's rap music video party much like golf hos and tennis pros or the like. the issue is that the underlying race factors at wake cause students to act like this when confronted with the issue.

Back