• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anniversary Gift / Dashionista & KickballDeac Reconcile?

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
The traditional gift is cotton. So I need a cotton theme. My thought at the moment: have our wedding vows framed on some nice cotton paper.

Looking forward to the tags.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Two years in October. Looking for ideas and snarky comments.

wedding vows on cotton paper or even on fabric is a cool idea.

You can actually make your own fabric here so you could handwrite your vows, scan them in, and have it made into fabric and frame it.

I thought about it after the fact and we also didn't exchange big gifts for our 2nd anniversary but a fluffy white cotton robe (maybe with a monogram if that's her thing) is on my Christmas list. If you want to make it more romantic you can do it along with some sort of spa treatment.

wedding vows on cotton paper or even on fabric is a cool idea.

You can actually make your own fabric here so you could handwrite your vows, scan them in, and have it made into fabric and frame it.

along the same lines, you can do that with throw pillows too.

I thought about it after the fact and we also didn't exchange big gifts for our 2nd anniversary but a fluffy white cotton robe (maybe with a monogram if that's her thing) is on my Christmas list. If you want to make it more romantic you can do it along with some sort of spa treatment.

That's a good idea. She loves monograms.

Also went ahead and got this, not sure if there cotton in the stuffing or not, but she loves this song and showed me this pillow about 18 months ago (finally back in stock):

il_570xN.470616597_cwiu.jpg

Also went ahead and got this, not sure if there cotton in the stuffing or not, but she loves this song and showed me this pillow about 18 months ago (finally back in stock):

il_570xN.470616597_cwiu.jpg

I feel like cloth is close enough. And definitely bonus points for remembering something from a long time ago.

Cotton Canvas Gallery Wrap picture ( never scared of a plug). Maybe a large canvas of your favorite photo taken on the Honeymoon.:thumbsup:

Contact me if you want any info

I feel like cloth is close enough. And definitely bonus points for remembering something from a long time ago.

Thanks, and this will just be one of a few, so I thought close enough was good enough at least for this one :cool:

Is it bad that we are not planning on going the traditional route at all?

Not at all. Probably a lot of people don't.

I had to step my game up because HTTD got me an AWESOME paper gift for our first anniversary and I didn't follow the paper thing at all. It's kind of fun having to get creative and not bad to have a guideline/direction to go.

Not at all. Probably a lot of people don't.

I had to step my game up because HTTD got me an AWESOME paper gift for our first anniversary and I didn't follow the paper thing at all. It's kind of fun having to get creative and not bad to have a guideline/direction to go.

this is my thought on the traditional gifts. it's nice to have a direction, and fun to figure out a way to make that guideline into something meaningful for you. but a good gift is a good gift, whether it adheres to the guidelines or not. i personally think i'll stick to traditional gifts, but it wouldn't surprise me if dhtoy didn't (i'm not even sure he realizes that there are "guidelines"), and i'm happy with it that way.

3rd anniversary gift is leather. I can finally get a new gimp mask! #truelove

We went to Portugal for our second anniversary where I bought him a shirt (Portugal futbol jersey) and he bought me a canvas triptych
we did traditional (or modern alternative) gifts for a while but this year we decided to just go with our anniversary trip and delicious Charleston food.

Back