• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anniversary Gift / Dashionista & KickballDeac Reconcile?

Favorite gift ever from a guy: Kate Spade shoes. Didn't even ask for them. They weren't cheap, but they were also very thoughtful and not something I would have just gotten for myself. Sometimes spending a little helps! So ill agree with the guys here.

Or maybe it's just that every person is different and spending a lot of money might make a good gift for some women but not really matter to other women.

As I said, this has just been my personal experience (and not specific to my wife).

I always buy my wife nice shoes for gifts or just as a surprise. She loves shoes and wont buy them for herself. I know the two or three brands she likes and if I dont see something I think she will like, i just ask the sales person what is the newest in season shit. I go to Nordstrom and they are helpful and have a great selection. It takes like five minutes and is well worth it.

I didn't realize people even went by those traditional guidelines.

I'm sure lbe would HATE IT if J got her that fancy stand mixers he opines about.

swabs.jpg

I SAID, GO MAKE ME A SAMMICH!

Seriously, a personalized blanket such as this one,

P0026084b

plus popcorn of your choice,

images

plus movie of her choice,

(insert chick flick here)

= score.

Or maybe it's just that every person is different and spending a lot of money might make a good gift for some women but not really matter to other women.

Sherlock, a clue!

lbe and dash's posts are good examples of different points on the spectrum.

Sherlock, a clue!

lbe and dash's posts are good examples of different points on the spectrum.

i still think dash's kind of illustrates a good point though. the reason she loved the shoes weren't because they were super expensive. it was because that's the perfect gift for a girl who loves kate spade and loves shoes and fashion. it was still the thought behind it. it wasn't the amount of money spent.

i still think dash's kind of illustrates a good point though. the reason she loved the shoes weren't because they were super expensive. it was because that's the perfect gift for a girl who loves kate spade and loves shoes and fashion. it was still the thought behind it. it wasn't the amount of money spent.

Favorite gift ever from a guy: Kate Spade shoes. Didn't even ask for them. They weren't cheap, but they were also very thoughtful and not something I would have just gotten for myself. Sometimes spending a little helps! So ill agree with the guys here.

She prefaced and postfaced her contribution with comments about the money spent.

It just so happens that being thoughtful can also be very, very expensive.

This sounds to me like saying "I like getting nice things, but I don't want to feel shallow about it"

It just so happens that being thoughtful can also be very, very expensive.

can be, yes. but my point wasn't that it couldn't be expensive. it was that thought matters way more than price. i didn't say that thoughtful gifts are always cheap. just that in my experience, they were rarely expensive.

and yes, bbd is right that it's a personal preference thing. dash does tend to like fancier things than i like. but the reason she loved the gift was the thought behind it. not because of the price tag. i still maintain that thought is the most important part.

Or maybe it's that all women are ravenous, blood-sucking monsters always wanting their s/o to spend more, more, more, but some are in denial about it.

my main point: those shoes weren't something i would have just bought for myself-- mainly because of the price tag, therefore a good gift item! (the thought etc added to the fact that it was a very well thought out gift). (ie, i like getting nice things that i wouldn't normally buy for myself as gifts, sue me)

Or maybe it's that all women are ravenous, blood-sucking monsters always wanting their s/o to spend more, more, more, but some are in denial about it.

don't know whether to laugh or nod sadly

Back