• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Deman/NCScout IP Glitch at DeaconSports!

Why would Scout need the Premium login information? Since he's an "insider" doesn't he already get free access?

Or are we trying to say that the Deman login information is more powerful than a normal subscribers? i.e. allows the user to read other premium info from other schools.

I always thought NCScout was just like imabehere or some of the other players' parents. Gets free access to the premium stuff so he can give us his info.

Deman said he gave his info to Scout like 3 or so years ago so that Scout could read a premium article on some player (forget which one) and this was before Scout was a premium member himself.

That was the story after the first instance that Scout posted under Deman at least. They also said that Scout had cleared his cache so it wouldn't happen again. And we all see how that worked out.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, please.

Yeah, I don't believe there's any actual conspiracy going on. However, the incompetence is absolutely hilarious, and the DS insiders have always sucked.

I dont think there is a conspiracy, but I did just cancel my DS subscription. No info ever comes out of there, and the pity party by Deman is very embarrassing.:confused:

Yeah, not sure it's been posted, but Deman said he was quitting the boards in a terrific display of patheticness.

347w3mq.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think there is a conspiracy, but I did just cancel my DS subscription. No info ever comes out of there, and the pity party by Deman is very embarrassing.:confused:

Yeah, I don't believe there's any actual conspiracy going on. However, the incompetence is absolutely hilarious, and the DS insiders have always sucked.

That's the real issue. Their "inside" information sucks.

There is more basketball info on today's recruiting update than you get on Premium in a month.

Yet so many people believe that Deman and catu are the only place to get "insider" information.

I'd at least prefer my insiders to write as if they had finished high school, rather than like a third grader.

The problem with the story is that NCScout either uses multiple browsers (his s/n signed into one of them and Deman's signed into the other), or he has signed in under Deman's s/n recently.

Neither of these possibilities add up to him not knowing what he's doing.

Yet so many people believe that Deman and catu are the only place to get "insider" information.

You can get some recruiting info from twitter, some from facebook, and a bit from other sites here and there on the internet. But there aren't many places or people specifically devoted to getting recruiting information for Wake Forest. If nothing else Deman and Catu usually provide names of recruits that give you a starting point in your searches of google news, twitter etc... to find more information about them.

Not sure why this board seems so determined to attack a decent source of information about Wake Forest. It seems pointless at best.

Hopefully I have the issue correct here, but isn't it the explanation that NCScout had Deman's login info in his cache, so he accidentally posted under Deman's name? Then he deleted the post and posted under his own name?

If that's the explanation, then wouldn't your statement about them never posting from the same IP address refute their explanation?

I think NCScout only had Deman's login to read a premium article; seems like he never posted under it. Or I can't find any instance where he did, and definitely not in any of the recent posts.

As I said before, we all can have opinions on the quality of DS and any restrictions therein, but - to my knowledge - no conspiracy exists.

That's the real issue. Their "inside" information sucks.

There is more basketball info on today's recruiting update than you get on Premium in a month.

This is the truth. Especially with the coaching change, the little bit of inside information that was on that board has completely dried up.

Deman said he gave his info to Scout like 3 or so years ago so that Scout could read a premium article on some player (forget which one) and this was before Scout was a premium member himself.

That was the story after the first instance that Scout posted under Deman at least. They also said that Scout had cleared his cache so it wouldn't happen again. And we all see how that worked out.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, please.

Ah, that clears things up. Thanks. Hadn't heard that.

Just canceled my premium. Took about 60 seconds. I couldn't deal with sanctimonious shit over there anymore. Fuck them.

I just don't get why Deman didn't/doesn't just change his password.

Through PMs with him I recommended this, but he blew it off and just carried on conversation about another topic.

Back