• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Deman/NCScout IP Glitch at DeaconSports!

The biggest problem DS has is that DemanDeac is over-emotional and not very smart. Making him a mod was a huge mistake.

About 8-10 years ago, we had some friends over to the house for a dinner party and one assclown opened by laptop and went to my home page which was the WF board. As it was my machine, I was always logged in. He posted some stupid crap about how much WF sucks, Duke was awesome, and that I was changing my name to Krzyzewski or something. That was about as "glitchy" as you can get and still have legitimacy.

I didn't even realize it until the next day. Fortunately, most of the replies were "looks like someone hacked 94's account" etc.

What do you think is more likely? Deman assumes the identity of a well regarded poster from the past, maintaining two different accounts with totally different posting styles. He then either hires an actor to portray ncscout to bring him to the Carolina challenge or gets at least a dozen posters to lie about having seen or met him.

Or

Some old guy messes up something computer related (twice!)

What do you think is more likely? Deman assumes the identity of a well regarded poster from the past, maintaining two different accounts with totally different posting styles. He then either hires an actor to portray ncscout to bring him to the Carolina challenge or gets at least a dozen posters to lie about having seen or met him.

Or

No. I think 2 old men post under the same member name:NCScout.

Deman doing so occasionally when he wants to legitimize certain insider information.

Or

I'm with you on this. I had to teach my mom how to attach something to an email approximately 100 different times growing up.

There are people here who have maintained aliases for years while also posting as their primary persona. And the two are so different, you're surprised when you find out who the alter ego is.

Infrequently posting in a different style is completely possible. In fact, posting one style under the wrong login has revealed several aliases here over the years.

As I said on the other board, this is just dumb. There is not some covert conspiracy going on.

And the "gotcha" nonsense on this board is the worst thing it has going for it.

Irish/DV- you have a good board. I've enjoyed coming over here. But stop facilitating and encouraging this nonsense. It is going to drive away worthwhile posters who might otherwise frequent this place (and I am not talking about myself).

Focus on the good things you have going on here, and let go of the jilted lover schtick.

I don't see why, if it weren't some sort of "glitch", he/she/they wouldn't just leave the original post as is. Why delete and repost under the other username and stir up controversy if you want to keep your alias a secret?

Well said, Sig.

I really have no clue what's going on. Many people have said that Deman and NC are two separate people, and that they know each other in real life. I suspect NC is just an old man that doesn't know how to use a computer well, but there are certainly parts of the story that don't add up.

At the end of the day, as a subscriber, I just want Deman and NC to keep posting. This other stuff is sort of a tangential concern for me.

As I said on the other board, this is just dumb. There is not some covert conspiracy going on.

And the "gotcha" nonsense on this board is the worst thing it has going for it.

Irish/DV- you have a good board. I've enjoyed coming over here. But stop facilitating and encouraging this nonsense. It is going to drive away worthwhile posters who might otherwise frequent this place (and I am not talking about myself).

Focus on the good things you have going on here, and let go of the jilted lover schtick.

It would be easy to forget if the excuses given for the mistakes weren't bullshit. Also, if we weren't being misled by a moderator masquerading as NCScout.

Don't for one second think that just because the moderators on this board are talking about this, that it wouldn't happen regardless of the schism between the two boards.

This is a pretty big deal.

I'm not saying we aren't sad about losing people who would be scared away by this, but if they can't see their nose in front of their face and think there is no wrong doing being done here, well I don't know what to tell you.

Not much for conspiracies, but what is the explanation?

Are they saying NCScout and Deman are friends or share a computer or something? Those posts are 2 hours apart. Someone would have to physically log out and back in as the other user for that to happen.

It has nothing to do with IP Addresses. Two posters using separate computers behind a home router will have the same IP Address. The posts will still work fine and neither could post as the other person without logging in as them.

Well said, Sig.

I really have no clue what's going on. Many people have said that Deman and NC are two separate people, and that they know each other in real life. I suspect NC is just an old man that doesn't know how to use a computer well, but there are certainly parts of the story that don't add up.

At the end of the day, as a subscriber, I just want Deman and NC to keep posting. This other stuff is sort of a tangential concern for me.

So he knows about IP address, browser cache, and how to post as two different users. I'm sure he is a stupid old man.

If this had happened just the one time, it would be fine and forgotten. It happens again last night, after he said he had already cleared his cache. Don't you see something wrong here?

Well, the official explanation now is that NCScout has Deman's login info stored in his cache. At least I think that's what they say happened. I haven't read too much this morning.

Sorry TW, I'll clarify: NCScout is an old dude (or something like that), and Deman is the one who has been offering explanations.

At the end of the day, I just don't care too much if Deman has been using another user's account/name. I think it's awful and he should stop, but I still want him and NCScout to keep posting.

If you're dumb enough to pay for premium, you're dumb enough to buy the bullshit explanations.

Sorry TW, I'll clarify: NCScout is an old dude (or something like that), and Deman is the one who has been offering explanations.

At the end of the day, I just don't care too much if Deman has been using another user's account/name. I think it's awful and he should stop, but I still want him and NCScout to keep posting.

I don't want him to stop posting either! It's good for the community. Just out with it and cut the stupid bullshit excuses. It's clear to anyone with their head not stuck in the sand what is happening here.

I think there's some impropriety, but it's not clear what exactly is happening.

Back