• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I'm going on Friday I'll let you know.

Also, Buxton Hall named to Bon Apetit top 10 new restaurants in America.

I went to Buxton Hall last Thursday night. Twas very good.

How was The Market Place ?

Very good as well. Had the local foraged mushroom appetizer and braised brisket. My dad really enjoyed his white gazpacho and curried cauliflower main.

How was the wait at Buxton?

How was the wait at Buxton?

Got there around 6:45 and put our name on the list for a table for four that they told us would be 30 minutes. Went next door to Catawba Brewing and bought beers. Two minutes later I get a text that my table is ready and I have five minutes to get there or they're giving it away. We got there in less than ten minutes and the table was gone but they seated us less than ten minutes later. So, the wait wasn't that bad.

Driving up from Greenville, SC in a couple of Saturdays with two kids under 5. Thoughts on kid friendly activity, dinner, hotel and breakfast next morning? I hear the Sierra Nevada brewery is actually pretty family friendly.

Yeah it is. They have a great back deck if it's nice out.

Biscuit Head would be great for breakfast. Asheville Brewing downtown also a good kid-friendly restaurant.

Yeah it is. They have a great back deck if it's nice out.

Biscuit Head would be great for breakfast. Asheville Brewing downtown also a good kid-friendly restaurant.

Mmm, only if the kiddos are ok with standing in a line for up to 45 minutes.

I really don't look at Asheville as the most kid friendly place to visit. Just took my kids for the first time and the youngest is 8. He got bored at the Biltmore House; ran off and got lost. We picked him up from security at the front door on our way out.

BTW, there are Pokemons all over the Biltmore House.

We spent Friday evening in Asheville before heading up to Bristol for the VT/UT game on Saturday. Got to Buxton Hall at 6:30 pm, no wait and we weren't that hungry yet, so we each had a flight first at Catawba next door. Their beers are okay. I thought the pumpkin beer and the small batch Korean sour were both pretty good. The BBA stout that my husband had was quite good as well. Walked back over to Buxton Hall around 7:30 and were seated immediately. Thought the BBQ was delicious & the green beans were probably the best I've had in my life (they cook them under the hog). Also had the Bourbon Cheerwine slushie - yum! Then we went to Sierra Nevada for a flight before heading to our hotel. Amazing building - will have to come back for a full tour. I really enjoyed the 11.5 Plato - session IPA with a big hop flavor.

Spent the past 2 days in Asheville: Paddling on the French Broad, The Wedge, Curate, Wicked Weed...lunch today at White Duck. Perfect weather.

Zero complaints.

Just had my first 12 Bones experience. Delish.

Only negative was the sitework going on on the lot next door. Very noisy on a beautiful day.

Admiral was as well. Though their "small plates" are really just small entrees. Their recommendation of a couple per person was way overblown. So now I have some terrific leftovers at least.

Is there a good spot around Mothlight to grab a quick, cheap bite if I make the drive today?

Is there a good spot around Mothlight to grab a quick, cheap bite if I make the drive today?

Just now seeing this, but yeah there's a bunch of good options around that area. Bandidos is right next door and is solid/has good tacos. Asheville Sandwich Company is weird with service but has some decent sandies. Brew Pump might have a food truck out but I'm not sure since it's a Sunday. Lucky Otter is a little bit of a walk down the road but is great.

Admiral was as well. Though their "small plates" are really just small entrees. Their recommendation of a couple per person was way overblown. So now I have some terrific leftovers at least.

Lol yeah I made this same mistake first time I went.

Went this past weekend with my in-laws and the wifey. Hit up Limone's, Curate, Nightbell for dessert, Market Place for brunch, and Vortex Doughnuts. Solid recs, Curate was awesome and our waitress was cute.

Next trip will have to do Buxton. Place looked awesome and smelled amaze

Back