• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

If the dinner choice on an Oct Saturday night is Lex 18 or the Market Place, which would you choose?

Just now seeing this, but yeah there's a bunch of good options around that area. Bandidos is right next door and is solid/has good tacos. Asheville Sandwich Company is weird with service but has some decent sandies. Brew Pump might have a food truck out but I'm not sure since it's a Sunday. Lucky Otter is a little bit of a walk down the road but is great.

Bandidos can't make up their mind. That place was so dope when it opened, it had awesome sandwiches and a couple burritos. Then they tried to class it up and now they are kinda back but it's not the same.

Bandidos said it was closed online, but I ended up just going to Odd's for a coffee and eating snacks I had brought along, I wasn't that hungry. Odd's was playing cool music (Tortoise, Sam Prekop, Radiohead) and had a cute barista, so I chilled there and read. A shame to miss out on eating some place new up there, but I need to make it back more often and I dug that part of town.

Bandidos said it was closed online, but I ended up just going to Odd's for a coffee and eating snacks I had brought along, I wasn't that hungry. Odd's was playing cool music (Tortoise, Sam Prekop, Radiohead) and had a cute barista, so I chilled there and read. A shame to miss out on eating some place new up there, but I need to make it back more often and I dug that part of town.

Yeah, the s.o. goes to Odds all the time, it's a good place to chill. Pour next door is awesome too (for beers), but they're fucking moving soon. Hopefully someone else cool moves into that spot. <3 West Asheville though. I pretty much only go downtown when friends are visiting these days.

nice article in today's wall street about the ashville wine scene.

Spent last weekend in Asheville for a buddies wedding. Vinnie's is still bomb italian, hard to beat their sunday gravy. Also Asheville is still overrate AF, probably the southeast most overrated town. The average age on my flight into Asheville had to be around 75, it was just depressing. Plane smelled like death.

Spent last weekend in Asheville for a buddies wedding. Vinnie's is still bomb italian, hard to beat their sunday gravy. Also Asheville is still overrate AF, probably the southeast most overrated town. The average age on my flight into Asheville had to be around 75, it was just depressing. Plane smelled like death.

good to hear, heading up this weekend

Nobody's making you enjoy great food / beer / wine / music / outdoor activities.

Did you really just cite airline passengers as your supporting evidence? Not exactly a leading indicator for a town of 80k...

LOL. Heading up Friday. I'll be looking for the death bed crew.

Name some good cities, catamount. I'll spot you Austin.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're not derailing this thread into some discussion of the overall merits of various hipster Meccas.

Name some good cities, catamount. I'll spot you Austin.

Austin is hands down the best city in america and it is not even close.

Nashville
Hood River, Or
San Diego
Crested Butte / Gunnison. CO.
Santa Cruz
Point Arena / Gualala, CA.
Charleston
Savannah

Just to name a few.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're not derailing this thread into some discussion of the overall merits of various hipster Meccas.

go post a gif you weirdo

Nashville
Hood River, Or
San Diego
Santa Cruz
Charleston
Savannah

Just to name a few.

I see lots of overlap between Asheville and these cities. Namely, a great outdoor scene and beer culture.

Nashville
Hood River, Or
San Diego
Santa Cruz
Charleston
Savannah

Just to name a few.

Wow, for having such bad taste, catamount sure has decent taste in cities. The funny thing, though, is that I bet we appreciate very different things in cities.

I liked Asheville, I wonder if I would feel the vibes if I lived there. West Asheville seemed pretty affordable, too. Gonna go look at UNC-A library gigs. I want to get back and eat some food at some dope spots, too. Another road trip might be in order -- less spontaneous/last second, more planned, maybe even overnight.

I see lots of overlap between Asheville and these cities. Namely, a great outdoor scene and beer culture.

Not going to lie the lady I was living with up in Asheville might have tainted my experience to the point I will just always have a distaste of Asheville in general. It is still a strange place to live though.

I liked Asheville, I wonder if I would feel the vibes if I lived there. West Asheville seemed pretty affordable, too. Gonna go look at UNC-A library gigs. I want to get back and eat some food at some dope spots, too. Another road trip might be in order -- less spontaneous/last second, more planned, maybe even overnight.

Yessss do it Chupe. We can hang and drink kava together and go to dance parties at the admiral so you can #getbutt and I won't ever ask you to let my dog out/in or adjust the AC.

Back