• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Best downtown cocktail bars. go!
En La Calle (sister restaurant right next door to Limones, they want to focus more on cocktails vs margaritas, super super good when we went, probs my favorite downtown spot right now).

The Imperial Life (above Table)

Sovereign Remedies

Rankin Vault (supposed to have a great burger too iirc)

Nightbell (haven't been yet personally though have heard good things)

We used to do the Imperial Life quite a bit for the cocktail or two before dinner thing, but the bartenders there can be hit or miss personality wise, still good drinks either way. En La Calle is probs my go to spot now, bartender was fantastic and some really good/unique drinks imo. Don't think you can go wrong with any of those 5 though.

habanero marg at Limones?

En La Calle also serves some (if not all) of the same margs from Limones, since they share a kitchen. At least that was the vibe I got from the bartender (who I think was the idea guy for it/partial owner or something).

habanero marg at Limones?

Hells yeah! That was one of the better drinks I have had in a while (was last fall I guess). When I came back I was determined to recreate it or something like it. I can diffuse habanero into tequila via sous vide and that part works really well. I am still working on the rest of the drink, especially the best fruit flavor to use.

Hells yeah! That was one of the better drinks I have had in a while (was last fall I guess). When I came back I was determined to recreate it or something like it. I can diffuse habanero into tequila via sous vide and that part works really well. I am still working on the rest of the drink, especially the best fruit flavor to use.

pineapple

Beer from any number of breweries.

This is the correct answer when we are talking about Asheville. One World Brewing is pretty legit, new since I left Asheville, but I am good friends with one of the managers down there.

we ended up at the Battery Park Book Exchange Champagne Bar. Wife loves the bubbly.

Also, if you were to give the gift of locally roasted coffee, where would you purchase from?

we ended up at the Battery Park Book Exchange Champagne Bar. Wife loves the bubbly.

Also, if you were to give the gift of locally roasted coffee, where would you purchase from?

I think Bean Werks is probably the correct answer to that.

going to be in AVL mid-march, pretty excited to get back and hit a few of the places mentioned in here. Wicked Weed/Funkatorium are definite, Limones is a definite, early girl (I love it) is a definite... trying to fill in from there.

going to be in AVL mid-march, pretty excited to get back and hit a few of the places mentioned in here. Wicked Weed/Funkatorium are definite, Limones is a definite, early girl (I love it) is a definite... trying to fill in from there.

Don't. Miss. Burial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noted! i'll add it to the list.

Whats the word on Cucina 24?

I like it

Yeah, one of my favorites downtown and doesn't get as much attention as some of the other "big" names like Curate/Limones/etc so a little easier to get a reservation, but the chef is great.

Don't. Miss. Burial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second for burial. Esp if live music

Sitting at Burial now. Can confirm.

Yupp, was just there w/ WFU friends visiting town yesterday. Pretty much always a go-to, especially when it's nice out.

Hit up The Wedge -> New Belgium -> Burial -> Green Mansion -> Catawba Tasting Room for breweries, pretty solid lineup (had covered Wicked Weed the night prior).

Back