• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ask Me about Eastern North Carolina

longevity + t-shirts.

I like their hush puppies, but their seafood blows.

At least they have a fish market attached where you can buy your own fish (caught that day, sometimes) and take it home to cook it

:werd: I cant count the number of people who insisted we go there for those damned shirts and to eat. I've eaten there more times than I'd ever like to admit because of my friends. I finally started convincing them to go to the fish market and get the fresh fish and shrimp to take back and cook rather than pay for their crap seafood.

Which lighthouse (other than Hatteras) is the best and why? Which Civil War Fort is the best and why?

Which lighthouse (other than Hatteras) is the best and why? Which Civil War Fort is the best and why?

I'm partial to the Corolla lighthouse. Love the exposed brick. Very classic looking

Fort Macon. Great historical re-enactments there.

have you ever seen a place more glorious than lumberton? didn't think so.

People from the little bum-fucked (my first swear word on a WFU message board ever, and I've been there from day 0) town I'm from go to Lumberton for a night out or shopping. So yeah.

Re: best lighthouses:

Currituck Beach:
corollalighthouse01.jpeg

Bodie Island:
bodie_island_lighthouse_outer_banks_nc.jpg

Cape Hatteras:
hatteras10.jpg

Ocracoke:
ocracoke-lighthouse.jpg

Cape Lookout:
CapeLookoutLighthouse.jpg

Bald Head:
baldy1.jpg

Oak Island:
oakisland2.jpg

People from the little bum-fucked (my first swear word on a WFU message board ever, and I've been there from day 0) town I'm from go to Lumberton for a night out or shopping. So yeah.

i'm guessing red springs, st pauls, or bladenboro. outside chance of fairmont or possibly orrum.

Spent a great weekend at a duck hunting lodge across the water from the Currituck Island lighthouse, and went over on Saturday and spent a few hours there. It was excellent. I've not been to any of the others since I was a kid, but we did Cape Hatteras, Cape Lookout, and Bodie Island in the same vacation when I was ~10.

Living in Greenville, I always thought this was odd to hear people from Robersonville or Vanceboro refer to Greenville as "the city" and how it was an all-day event/trip. You, sir, have me beat.

In the dark days when I first moved to Tarboro with my parents, it was not a trivial matter to get to Rocky Mount or Greenville. Gradually the barriers have been lowered, but I can still remember telling a classmate that I was going to Raleigh one weekend for something and having him say "I wish I could go to Raleigh someday."

Until high school, he had never been outside of Edgecombe and Nash counties.

In the dark days when I first moved to Tarboro with my parents, it was not a trivial matter to get to Rocky Mount or Greenville. Gradually the barriers have been lowered, but I can still remember telling a classmate that I was going to Raleigh one weekend for something and having him say "I wish I could go to Raleigh someday."

Until high school, he had never been outside of Edgecombe and Nash counties.

I know its no laughing matter but the mental image I get of some kid saying this to you is hilarious.

Better quality meth: eastern NC or western NC?

More teeth: eastern NC or western NC?

Closer approximation of the spoken English language: eastern NC or western NC?

I know its no laughing matter but the mental image I get of some kid saying this to you is hilarious.

Similar story but pertains to western NC. I don't really believe I was in what I would call a city until I was 8 when I went to the Steven's Center In Winston-Salem on a field trip.

Back