• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athlon's Top 30 NCAA BBall Coaches

The quality of the recruits was really low. He developed a lot of them way beyond their talent level.

I don't think you were around when Nyamick signed at MSU. The big story that summer and fall was how an unknown center from MI ate him for lunch. That center was Kyle Visser. Nyamick was an overrated dog.

You weren't around when I was giving reports from USA Bball in SD when Dahlman and Herzog played there. I saw them multiple times and said they were grossly overrated. Neither one of them should have been in the Top 100 players especially in 2006.

Korie Luscious was #95 on Scout and #98 on Rivals. That's a backup's rating. If he made the NBA it would have shocked the world.

The quality of the recruits was really low. He developed a lot of them way beyond their talent level.

I don't think you were around when Nyamick signed at MSU. The big story that summer and fall was how an unknown center from MI ate him for lunch. That center was Kyle Visser. Nyamick was an overrated dog.

You weren't around when I was giving reports from USA Bball in SD when Dahlman and Herzog played there. I saw them multiple times and said they were grossly overrated. Neither one of them should have been in the Top 100 players especially in 2006.

Korie Luscious was #95 on Scout and #98 on Rivals. That's a backup's rating. If he made the NBA it would have shocked the world.

Dude, you can't use ratings to prove your point and say that the one's that disprove your point are anomalous.

These rankings, though subjective, are really the only way that one can make a comparison across time, especially if you don't believe in advanced stats. What we know is that there was a list, that was determined by "experts" - who have seen far more high school basketball in one summer than most of us will ever see - that was meant to represent the best 100 players in the country. Hindsight is always 20/20. I think you're a pretty astute dude and I think that you're better than claiming 8 years later, that the experts were wrong. Like has been said many-a-time, these experts are right more often than they're wrong.

It's not just the NBA and threw in the ACB there, originally. You could make a case for any top flight domestic league. I used ACB as an example, but a top-100 player is good enough to play a big role in one of the a-leagues in Greece, Serbia, Russia, Italy, France, etc.

I'm going to stand by my point and I think it stands pretty well on its own. I'm also kind of over this.

We can agree that Izzo is a great coach.

I guess we have different standards in regards to how top-100 caliber talent should perform. I also don't think that your expectations, when transposed on our class of 2012 bode particularly well for Wake's future.

I'd just like to point out that you're claiming to be a better high school basketball scout and recruiting expert than Dave Telep.

What the hell does the NBA have to do with a rating list of college coaches? College coaches should be rated according to how their players do in college. How they do in the NBA after they leave college doesn't have a damned thing to do with rating college coaches. Fuck the goddamned NBA.

By all means, bkf, don't read anything that's come prior and just waltz on into the conversation. No, seriously. Do that.

There's 3 pages in between this post and your last post that I'm sure have nothing to do with your canned anti-NBA rant.

Facepalm

You said I was. You called both of them busts.

"Tom Herzog - bust, transferred to UCF"

"Isaiah Dahlman - bust"

Bo Ryan is a good call also.

Bo Ryan is one of the best game coaches in the country.

Back