• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Attendance list at 6234- name a bigger lie if you can

So at this point there's a whole generation of Wake kids who have no idea what it's like to get jacked for a basketball game, right?

Could you imagine being a senior this year? 4 years of complete and utter failure.

What about the lucky student who got $500?

I also hate that they announce the dollar amount because it's been painfully obvious with each passing game that the student they called out was not there. Just say "come collect your cash prize" or something so it's slightly less embarrassing.

Could you imagine being a senior this year? 4 years of complete and utter failure.

I am a senior and it has been a tough 4 years. I grew up a Wake Forest fan and will likely have 4 losing seasons in both basketball and football during my college career. Right school, wrong time.

The other day it was cold as shit really early in the morning, and I randomly thought of being cold as shit sleeping in my car for good seats at the Joel before a big game. Oh well. No more.

So at this point there's a whole generation of Wake kids who have no idea what it's like to get jacked for a basketball game, right?

Wake no longer gets jacked up for the game. Gone is the smoke, "Welcome to the Jungle" intro, video intro, and air balloons. Last night, the Deacon rode in on the bike and circled and stopped near the bench where the announcer quickly mentioned the starting five. Maybe they had to go to a commercial on ESPN3.

The inflatable car dealership things needed to go. Hate that the chopper, smoke, welcome to the jungle is gone. Wake bball used to be so much of an event. Jerome Bettis would be sitting courtside with the head of the chamber of commerce. Muggsy and his boy were sitting opposite end courtside going nuts and yelling at refs and getting the players hyped up. Ashby Cook was down there courtside rocking the fedora giving the game a since of style and celebrity. He was like the Jack Nicholson of Wake bball. We still have Kenny Herbst down there keeping things lively. The student section used to be 5 sections packed, now its the bottom half of two sections and even that is like half full with kids sitting on their hands most of the time. Oh, what used to be...

The inflatable car dealership things needed to go. Hate that the chopper, smoke, welcome to the jungle is gone. Wake bball used to be so much of an event. Jerome Bettis would be sitting courtside with the head of the chamber of commerce. Muggsy and his boy were sitting opposite end courtside going nuts and yelling at refs and getting the players hyped up. Ashby Cook was down there courtside rocking the fedora giving the game a since of style and celebrity. He was like the Jack Nicholson of Wake bball. We still have Kenny Herbst down there keeping things lively. The student section used to be 5 sections packed, now its the bottom half of two sections and even that is like half full with kids sitting on their hands most of the time. Oh, what used to be...

The chopper is still there.

What is the intro song? I like it, and the video is very cool.

Ashby Cook isn't there anymore?

Hey but on the bright side Kansas is beating Towson 51-16. In case you are wondering, Towson is #142 on Kenpom.

Yeah but I didn't know Ashby was one of them. You'd think his absence would shake things up. Good man. I'm happy to hear he may be one of the ones pulling back.

If Ashby Cook is throwing in the towel, we're fucked. :)

But, I'll let DonaldRoss give the final ruling since he's an "inner circle" guy.

I wonder how many people who say they want change will be laughing it up with Ron and Bzz in the Bahamas next week.

Camping out for games is most definitely one of my most cherished collection of memories from my time at wake. Especially when I was a freshman and we just stayed here all night, drank whiskey, ate s'mores and hung out/played cards/did anything to stay warm.

The sad part is we were a decent team during my 4 years but nothing like the Cp3 or Duncan years. I got squashed right in the middle. But we out a good product on the floor and we competed most every night.

I can't even watch this team play they are so pathetically coached. I feel bad for the players and the students.

Camping out for games is most definitely one of my most cherished collection of memories from my time at wake. Especially when I was a freshman and we just stayed here all night, drank whiskey, ate s'mores and hung out/played cards/did anything to stay warm.

The sad part is we were a decent team during my 4 years but nothing like the Cp3 or Duncan years. I got squashed right in the middle. But we out a good product on the floor and we competed most every night.

I can't even watch this team play they are so pathetically coached. I feel bad for the players and the students.

I remember a few campouts where we ran a couple hundred feet of drop cord from Polo and I setup a satellite dish to watch other games while we waited. Those were good times.

Why do you LIE?!?!

1397461_981953041143_1780256231_o.jpg

They lie because they're Wake Forest Athletics and they're idiotically arrogant. They believe that just because they say it, it is so and people will believe it.

I remember a few campouts where we ran a couple hundred feet of drop cord from Polo and I setup a satellite dish to watch other games while we waited. Those were good times.

Schemindemon, ITC, WFUSoph, etc., will never forget the great horsetrailer tailgate campout for UNC. So many TVs. So much electricity.

Remember y'all doing this as well. The campouts were great because GDI's, fraternities, sororities all got together hung out and had fun in a relaxed environment centered around our basketball program. Events like this are what cement loyalty in students. That is the difference in going to wake and going to Elon. Wellman and hatch are seriously treading on thin ice.

Back