• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Imagine thinking there’s a “new sheriff” in states where Republicans have been running public education for generations.

Imagine being against big government and thinking teachers need a “new sheriff” looking over their shoulder.

Imagine thinking you know better what your kids need to learn than certified and trained teachers

These.

I’m not sure “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach” is the line your side wants to run on right now.

I don’t give a fuck. My wife is a teacher and I know plenty others and fuck the local rubes who think they know better because it’s what they want their kids to learn. Just homeschool them.

Imagine thinking there’s a “new sheriff” in states where Republicans have been running public education for generations.

Imagine being against big government and thinking teachers need a “new sheriff” looking over their shoulder.

Imagine thinking public schools are what libertarians have in mind when they advocate for free markets.

I don’t give a fuck. My wife is a teacher and I know plenty others and fuck the local rubes who think they know better because it’s what they want their kids to learn. Just homeschool them.

It’s not just about one’s own kids. It’s about the society we are producing. I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

It’s not just about one’s own kids. It’s about the society we are producing. I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

But what if they don't have money?

Yeah, let teachers trained and certified in their disciplines decide curricula.

5814a492506c57741864ea2aeb250fc0.jpg

We tried that. The unions have proven that, on the whole, they can’t be trusted.

NC doesn't have teacher unions, nor do many states - especially red ones. So you're basically saying that teachers can't be trusted. Nice to know what you really think of the profession - teachers aren't professionals, they're just union thugs, even in states that don't have unions.

It’s just like with the pandemic. Don’t trust scientists or medical professionals, don’t trust history teachers.

It’s just like with the pandemic. Don’t trust scientists or medical professionals, don’t trust history teachers.

Lol. Don’t pretend that you don’t trust only the doctors who tell you what you want to hear. Or are you taking Dr. Ladapo’s advice now too?

The Greatest Love of All is a low key libertarian anthem though.

Lol. Don’t pretend that you don’t trust only the doctors who tell you what you want to hear. Or are you taking Dr. Ladapo’s advice now too?

I’m talking about all the stories of Covid positive people trying to get their doctors to give them ivermectin and other shit, thinking they know more than them.

Joe Ladapo got the job by literally being a doctor who tells conservatives what they want to hear. Meanwhile, conservatives send death threats to Dr. Fauci for doing the best he can.

Who defines “well”?

Legislatures, Departments of Education, School Boards, and, ultimately, us. I think well means one thing, you think another. The one with the most people who agree with him wins.

Legislatures, Departments of Education, School Boards, and, ultimately, us. I think well means one thing, you think another. The one with the most people who agree with him wins.

So no diversity then, and minority views don't count and are the losers. No surprise there.

Back