• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Departures

Thought Rountree made a fine example of the student-athlete. Good representative of the university. I have a feeling he's going to be successful in life...good luck to him.

This. Now I'm really glad he got a few starts to close out his career as a Deacon. Great court vision and easily one of the most positive personalities on the team. No doubt he was busting his ass is he's able to graduate in 3 years.

A casualty of Wake's dark years - good luck to him. He has some serious karma coming his way for putting up with it all with a smile on his face.

That's something you say about a walk-on, not a scholarship player.

No, that's something I say about anyone on the team. I begrudge [NR] for offering the scholarship, but not Manning for keeping it or Rondale for taking it.

He's a beaut! Great future seemingly ahead for him.

Has there been a black Fed Reserve chairman yet?

Get that Econ Masters Tree!

Can we get a thread title edit? Basketball departures seems like a more appropriate title. Tree earned it.

Congratulations to Aaron. He's been a great representative of the university. I wish him well.

Any chance Rondale will graduate this year as well?

I've sort of changed my mind on Rondale. Dude gets no minutes and is still usually one of the more animated kids on the bench. Always up with the high fives on the timeouts on the rare occasion we do something good. Seems like a solid teammate. With Rountree leaving, we now have enough schollies, so if he wants to continue to sit our bench, more power to him.

So, he's the equivalent of a walk-on who gets rewarded with a final year schollie because of an unexpected transfer, but instead he's taking up a full scholarship for 4 years instead.

Edit: oops, this thread got away from me between when I opened it and my reply. PH already covered it.

Not that it matters but the official Wake story has Tree as a Comm major Econ minor. Still impressive to graduate early.

I'm graduating in May with an Econ degree and to think Tree did it in 3 along with Com is pretty fucking impressive. Props to him and I honestly never saw him as being one of the potential guys to leave. Wish them both the best for the time that they put in through these rough ass years.

I'm graduating in May with an Econ degree and to think Tree did it in 3 along with Com is pretty fucking impressive. Props to him and I honestly never saw him as being one of the potential guys to leave. Wish them both the best for the time that they put in through these rough ass years.
He was here for 3 summers for summer classes. Still very impressive with his basketball commitments.

He was here for 3 summers for summer classes. Still very impressive with his basketball commitments.

That makes it a little bit more doable. Agreed still impressive along with all the gen eds that are required.

Very impressive accomplishment, especially considering that a good portion of his time was spent dealing with [Redacted]. Congratulations and best of luck to him.

Congrats to Aaron on finishing a degree at Wake in three years. Most impressive, doing that while playing BB as well. Good luck in your masters program, wherever it may be.

Back