• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Ticket Exchange

To the current locals... I'm flying in for my 10 year old's first visit to the Joel. What are some restaurants you would recommend including what do you consider the best pizza in town?

To the current locals... I'm flying in for my 10 year old's first visit to the Joel. What are some restaurants you would recommend including what do you consider the best pizza in town?
I really like mission pizza but don’t think a 10 year old would

Also looking for 2 lower levels. I've never seen the secondary market this limited.

Burke Street or Elizabeth's Italian on University across from the Joel. We've eaten at Elizabeth's a couple of times recently and loved it. They have really good NY style pizza. The waitresses wear Wake gear on game days. There is a group of Wake fans who eat there every game day.

Bought two upstairs. Not much inventory.
Going to be a great crowd!

I like the setup downtown in the Bailey power plant…..Cugino Forno Pizzeria and Incendiary Brewing beside each other….lots of outdoor seating if the weather is good….maybe not applicable this Sat…but the best is you can walk over to order your pizza at Cugino and they will deliver it over to you at the brewery to eat and have a brew or two.

I ended up calling the ticket office and got cheaper than anything offered on secondary. See everyone on Saturday!

Edit - I now see it's sold out on the ticket office.

Coming from somebody without kids:

Depends on when you're going and the vibe you want.

Assuming you'll be staying downtown/close to it:

Burke St. Pizza is your classic NY pizza place, can do it by the slice, small intimate location. On Burke St. so there's not really much else to do with a 10 yr old.

Cugino Forno is in Bailey Power Plant and that would be my recommendation. There's always a shitton of kids in that space as it's right next to a brewery (incendiary). They make really solid beer and their space is good. Cugino is Neapolitan pizza, and from the vast amount of kids eating it, they love it.

Mission is the best pizza in town. More pretentious and they take it hyper serious, but it's really good pizza. It's on trade st. close to fiddlin' and all of that.

You can also go the Italian restaurant pizza route in which case I'd say 71's on point with Elizabeth's.

Restaurants it really depends what you're going for and where you're staying. Spending a bit of time on the restaurant thread might point you in a few directions.

Agree with others Cugino is probably the best spot w/10 year old unless they are a little foodie. It is not TRUE Neapolitan pizza (that is closer to what Mission does) and I usually can nitpick it against those standards (frequently their crust is slightly undercooked and almost always undersalted), but it's great in conjunction w/Incendiary and the PIT providing the vibes and beer. Hopefully they aren't stiffing their workers anymore.

If you do want to try Mission because your kid is more adventurous or likes good food, make sure you go as close to open as possible (5pm?). They often stop seating walk-ins after 6:30-7 (and sometimes earlier) because they are so full on weekend nights.

Looking for two lowers for tomorrow for some Deacon fans who will pay BIG MONEY. Well, kinda big money.

just got two nosebleeds for $62 each including fees on seatgeek.

Back