• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Ticket Exchange

Lots of upper level seats for $40 thru WFU

Man, had a brutal experience with vivid seats today. The seller never transferred the tickets so had to buy two uppers to get in. Spent the entire first half on phone with vivid while they assured me the tickets were transferred (they were not).

Tickets were FINALLY transferred to start the second half.

Vivid refused a refund. What a mess.

any special package deals for NC State? Considering bringing the entire family. a four pack would be awesome. I'm not seeing anything on the website?!?

concession prices for wake games are getting to be like NFL stadium prices.

$80 for 3 burgers 3 fries 1 beer and 2 waters.

Last edited:
I rarely eat at bball games but did yesterday. Compared to the old days (and to Groves) the options also really suck.

I rarely eat at bball games but did yesterday. Compared to the old days (and to Groves) the options also really suck.
we were going to try for Moutain fried chicken, but were running late.

Agreed. I hadn't been to a game in awhile. My daughter is a bit of a picky eater. We used to have chick fil a. So we had planned on that. Nope. Not there. So we got Dominos and ice cream. We should be able to provide better amenities than that- especially at the price point. Hopefully as more and more people attend, the revenue can be used to upgrade things.

Man, had a brutal experience with vivid seats today. The seller never transferred the tickets so had to buy two uppers to get in. Spent the entire first half on phone with vivid while they assured me the tickets were transferred (they were not).

Tickets were FINALLY transferred to start the second half.

Vivid refused a refund. What a mess.
This is bullshit by Vivid and I'd recommend trying to call again. Make sure you tell them you never received any transfer email until midway through the game and ask them to forward any emails from the seller proving otherwise.

My point is that we seem to complain a lot about price points of tickets, parking, concessions, etc. as if it’s some unique grift at Wake. I’m confident that folks making those decisions are putting in a bit more market research than the average fan. Inflation just sucks.

$80 for 3 burgers 3 frees 1 beer and 2 waters.

This is close to what I'd expect as MAXIMUM prices for a Power 5 venue. Burgers $8-12, fries $6-9, beers $8-13 (and the high end of that would be for "premium" beers) and waters $3-4. So at my range your meal would be $58 - $86. There should be a burgers and fries combo meal for less (a lot of Aramark venues offer a chicken tenders and fries deal for $10-15 (Boston Bruins / Celtics / Red Sox are in that range, I think it's $14 for the combo, $14-18 for beers (22oz), no idea the water price but POPCORN is $8.

For ACC comparison BC is a little cheaper, they don't sell beer at hoops games (I don't think) but their food prices are lower than what ChrisL noted by around $1-2 per item.

They sell beer now. 16 ounce bud light for $9. Last week I bought a ticket for the game, took a round trip Uber and bought 3 beers at the game for a total of $49.48. Now the ticket was cheap because BC sucks but it was also five rows behind the Wake bench. Wake charges more for food in Winston than BC does 8 minutes outside Boston and that…seems weird to me

My point is that we seem to complain a lot about price points of tickets, parking, concessions, etc. as if it’s some unique grift at Wake. I’m confident that folks making those decisions are putting in a bit more market research than the average fan. Inflation just sucks.
I don't think it is something unique to wake, just hard to stomach for meh quality.

They had 16 oz deacon brews for $5 at the Virginia tech game. Was awesome.

Back