• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Normally, I would agree with rj on this type of recruiting issue but Manning gets a lot of leeway here. Look at our returning roster, we have maybe 4 players that should be here talent wise.

Only thing that makes any sense is preferred walk-on.

Get off it, from the most sanctimonious poster on the boards.

I'll take #1 if you'll claim #2. Where an I broadcasting moral superiority? I see you calling out pretty reasonable criticism, but meh. Not worth it.

In general, though-Where's the blood lust? Manning lost Shelton and replaced him with Wilbekin, offered a ton of 2015/16 elite wings and is pursuing two elite transfers, and (possibly) signed Cornelius Hudson. All of this could turn out great, but given Manning's recruiting CV, there is solid cause for concern...

Since this has been going on for almost 24 hours and no one at Wake has said anything about it, t looks a lot like the last time Hudson announced he was going to Wake (and like he announced he was going to LSU).

Plus hasn't summer school started? Why isn't he there? If Manning really wanted him, he'd have signed by now.

I'm putting the chance of him be a Deac at less than 50/50.

Kid seemingly did the same thing to LSU for two years awhile back, too. I really don't know what to think. Even beyond the talent issue (or given Wrangor's more positive eval), dude seems like quite the headcase...

Last edited:
I'll take #1 if you'll claim #2. Where an I broadcasting moral superiority? I see you calling out pretty reasonable criticism, but meh. Not worth it.

In general, though-Where's the blood lust? Manning lost Shelton and replaced him with Wilbekin, offered a ton of 2015/16 elite wings and is pursuing two elite transfers, and (possibly) signed Cornelius Hudson. All of this could turn out great, but given Manning's recruiting CV, there is solid cause for concern...

What I posted was very innocuous and you told me to get off of it. Some of you guys think you're the arbiters of correct Wake basketball opinions, and if someone isn't DEVASTATED by the Hudson news they've FALLEN INTO THE [name redacted] TRAP.

I've learned since the Hudson rumor that this is going to hurt our 2016 chances, and now we're complaining about Watson too for some reason.

Last edited:
What I posted was very innocuous and you told me to get off of it. Some of you guys think you're the arbiters of correct Wake basketball opinions, and if someone isn't DEVASTATED by the Hudson news they've FALLEN INTO THE [Redacted] TRAP.

I've learned since the Hudson rumor that this is going to hurt or 2016 chances, and now we're complaining about Watson too for some reason.

No, but it's very TOB to call out a conversation that you hadn't been participating in because you think it's coaching "blood lust" when there's plenty of reasonable conversation happening, especially for a sports message board. You're right. Manning hasn't coached yet, but he's done a lot since he got here.

How do you actually feel about the Hudson signing (as opposed to folks talking about it)? Gable brings up a good point in addition to the larger schollie consideration that you brought to the table. I'm undecided, personally.

First thing I posted was how I felt about the rumored Hudson signing.

Don't think it will impact 2016 at all.

Also, not being able to comment unless you've been "participating" in a conversation? Forgot OGBoards parliamentary procedure. Apologies.

Uh, Larry Brown cut the players but had to let them keep their scholarships and was absolutely panned in the press for it. He basically told those guys to go fuck themselves. That's what we want?

I'm not saying that's what we want, I was just responding to a couple of posters that said it never happens in NCAA bball. Yes Brown was blasted by the press but two years later he is winning big time and is once again considered a coaching genius. Winning cures all ills.

Also, not being able to comment unless you've been "participating" in a conversation? Forgot OGBoards parliamentary procedure. Apologies.

Who said 16? I said 15....

I don't think scramble mode in the spring a few months after you accept the job is considered a coaches first recruiting class. It's pretty much accepted that the class that comes on as freshman in year two is the first recruiting class

So have we gotten any confirmation from the school? Anything out there corroborating this or are you all just trying me with a tweet from a sorry receiver like Crabtree?

I don't think scramble mode in the spring a few months after you accept the job is considered a coaches first recruiting class. It's pretty much accepted that the class that comes on as freshman in year two is the first recruiting class

It is when the coach immediately recruits over the current commits.

The AWFUL Strickland!

13-14 is over.

By signing a player that uses a four year scholarship starting this fall, he will only have one scholarship for 2015. If he signs anyone now, he can kiss a better player good-bye for 2015.

No one will transfer before the fall signing period is over. Thus we totally lose the scholarship for that period. It's also likely we won't know if anyone is leaving before the Spring signing period.

We are involved with many of the Top 20 SGs. We can kiss them good-bye for 2015 if we add anyone now.

If we think we can get a Top 100 guy in 2015, we'd be total morons to give up the scholarship now. If we don't think we can get a Top 100, then we hired the wrong coach.

It's just that simple.

LMAO did you just call someone out on a typo?

Back