• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Griffin Kurzius ‏@GriffDaddyK 13m
@BloggerSoDear Can confirm that Wake Forest junior PF Tyler Cavanaugh is transferring.

If he transfers, we'll be lucky to get to 12 wins. It would be a disaster.

I don't get it.

So Moto, Cav, Mitchell right? I'll stick with waiting until something good happens to give a coach the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like business as usual.

Somewhere Rondale is sitting at his computer and thinking to hisself, "I got this."

Ben Howland would destroy the program, they said. Players hate him, they said. We will be back, they said.

Ben Howland would destroy the program, they said. Players hate him, they said. We will be back, they said.

not sure why anyone thought wellman would get it right this time

what is that definition of insanity?

perhaps you underestimated the damage bz and wellman did and overestimated manning's capabilities

Way too early to think this. 14/15 was going to be a bad year no matter what. Hopefully Manning will use the scholarship to get a Top 75 big guy.

Where is Cav thinking about transferring?

This is a real headscratcher. He was in line to start and to score double digits this year.

I dont see why this is bad. He is not good, and would be there two more years jacking up treys constantly and getting worked inside. We have DT and we have a one-year transfer player to hold it down inside next year. We are better off recruiting someone who is ACC-caliber than having Cav for two more years.

I dont see why this is bad. He is not good, and would be there two more years jacking up treys constantly and getting worked inside. We have DT and we have a one-year transfer player to hold it down inside next year. We are better off recruiting someone who is ACC-caliber than having Cav for two more years.

Says the schmuck who thought it was a good idea to go to law school in 2013...

Apparently Manning's bread and butter is post player development...He has openly stated he wants our offense to operate from the inside out. Had Andre not changed his mind we would have lost 3 of our 4 post players to transfer....Add the loss of our best recruit and I can't help but be alarmed. I'm trying hard to withhold any judgment until he actually coaches a game. But negatives most certainly outweigh the positives thus far

Apparently Manning's bread and butter is post player development...He has openly stated he wants our offense to operate from the inside out. Had Andre not changed his mind we would have lost 3 of our 4 post players to transfer....Add the loss of our best recruit and I can't help but be alarmed. I'm trying hard to withhold any judgment until he actually coaches a game. But negatives most certainly outweigh the positives thus far

1395363411000-USATSI-7799163.jpg

Sure, Cav wasn't an exceptional player by any means and it didn't always look pretty, but he had a pretty solid sophomore season. He could have helped us stay at least respectable during the next couple years. I would've much preferred him to stay than any one of Rountree, Madison, Ovaltine, Washington, or Rondale. Manning better be recruiting his ass off for 2015.

The majority of this board would have preferred a Howland hire; but a very vocal minority, and Wellman, did not.

Sure, Cav wasn't an exceptional player by any means and it didn't always look pretty, but he had a pretty solid sophomore season. He could have helped us stay at least respectable during the next couple years. I would've much preferred him to stay than any one of Rountree, Madison, Ovaltine, Washington, or Rondale. Manning better be recruiting his ass off for 2015.

hF954BAC4

Relax: we got Rondale and Cornelius to carry us over.

burn. it. down.

Darius Leonard is going get all the minutes he can handle.

Back