• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I have to go back to this post. Manning is not recruiting as if he has only one scholarship to give. Manning will accept commitments, to the extent we get any, from at least 2 players this fall/winter. So the "we only have one scholarship to give" argument doesn't work.

I know Manning is not recruiting as if he has only one scholarship, but the recruits look at the numbers and see only one available, maybe two IF Green graduates and leaves...But they have to ask them selves "Will there be two or more slots open? If I commit to Wake will anybody else in my class commit? Do I want to take the chance of being the only 2015 recruit? Will there even be scholarships available?" No one wants to be the first commitment to Wake, cause maybe they'll be the only commitment to Wake.

If they commit they know where they are going. They also know at least one more will be joining them.

I have to go back to this post. Manning is not recruiting as if he has only one scholarship to give. Manning will accept commitments, to the extent we get any, from at least 2 players this fall/winter. So the "we only have one scholarship to give" argument doesn't work.

Agreed. We might have others, but open schollies isn't necessarily a constraint. Earn your spot.

Not really but here's a run down of the most recent info on 2015 recruits:
Tacko Fall (C) - visiting this weekend. WF is the presumptive favorite to land him.
Doral Moore (C) - Betweent Illinois, Kentucky, and Wake. Has a visit set up to Ill. and wants to set one up to WF. He spoke very highly about WF and is a very realistic possibility. However, even though KY is stringing him along, if they are willing to accept his commitment, he probably goes to UK.

In regards to Moore vs Fall, it remains to be seen if the coaches would want to wait for Moore if Fall wants to commit. Also, while recruiting sites rank Moore higher than Fall, it is also a question of who the coaches value more and by how much.

Samir Sehic (C/PF) - Between Wake and Vandy. All signs point to Vanderbilt. Announcing his decision tomorrow (Tuesday).
Tevin Mack (SG/SF) - Likes WF/Manning but USC & UGA have been recruiting him very hard. No decision timeline but he is visiting UGA this weekend, who is presumed to be the favorite. Has visits set up to all of his other top five schools and wants to set up a visit to WF. Manning was supposed to meet with him in Columbia last week but I have not seen any confirmation that the home visit occurred.
Bryant Crawford (PG/SG) - Most likely between WF and Georgetown (SMU is supposedly lower on his list now). Most signs point to GU but he did leave his visit without committing. WF stands a chance but they've got to work overtime.

There are likely others out there but the above are the most serious recruits from what I've seen on the recruiting sites and social media.

Last edited:
Given Fall's likely stamina issues and our dearth of talent, wouldn't Manning take Moore and Fall if possible?

Given Fall's likely stamina issues and our dearth of talent, wouldn't Manning take Moore and Fall if possible?
I would assume so but then Manning really has to depend on at least one guard transferring or he's out of '15 scholarships (this already assumes that Green graduates). A transfer or two can be expected but it's still a lot easier to recruit a player when you actually have a guaranteed spot for them the next year.

I would assume so but then Manning really has to depend on at least one guard transferring or he's out of '15 scholarships (this already assumes that Green graduates). A transfer or two can be expected but it's still a lot easier to recruit a player when you actually have a guaranteed spot for them the next year.

That is not what RJ, Brendan207, or Deacon Sig think though.

I would be shocked if Daniel hasn't told DM that he plans to graduate. This gives us two lock scholarships.

I would be shocked if Daniel hasn't told DM that he plans to graduate. This gives us two lock scholarships.

I don't think it matters how shocked you would be. What I think matters is that on paper Manning has only one scholarship to give. If it were me, and I was a 4 star recruit with the option of going to GU or Vandy or some other pretty good team, Manning would have to have some sort of guarantee, i.e., proof, that there will be more than one scholarship available next year at Wake before I would be willing to risk being the only 2015 recruit to sign on to a team that absolutely sucked last year.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters how shocked you would be. What I think matters is that on paper Manning has only one scholarship to give. If it were me, and I was a 4 star recruit with the option of going to GU or Vandy or some other pretty good team, Manning would have to have some sort of guarantee, i.e., proof, that there will be more than one scholarship available next year at Wake before I would be willing to risk being the only 2015 recruit to sign on to a team that absolutely sucked last year.

It doesn't matter what's on paper if the coach tells you Daniel will be graduating.

The third slot is different from the second one.

Why do you think that?

Because players and coaches talk. Daniel will have been in four double sessions of summer school and four regular years. He should easily have enough credits to graduate.

I think Danny, the staff and Daniel and the Greens understand that Daniel is not likely to play in the NBA. Unfortunately due to his injuries an international career is also not realistic. Further, Daniel might be able to get a masters and maybe more PT somewhere.

I would hope that D.G. would get another year of scholarship at Wake if he wants it. He's been at Wake under difficult circumstances. He deserves that much for putting up with the previous coach. If he wants to move on after this year, we should wish him well and thank him for perservering.

I guess I'm like Kent. This thread is the only one left that I read, and my interest is fading as we keep getting bad news. If Manning can't make a recruiting splash what little interest I have will be gone for good. This is the legacy of the BZ debacle for a lot of fans.

Either way DGreen should be graduating and leaving Wake. If he has a good year he should capitalize on it and try to go play a role on a contender. If he doesn't have a good year, I'm sure that all will agree that its time to start life.

Paul Biancardi ‏@PaulBiancardi 1m
Breaking Recruiting News first reported by @ReggieRankin: SG Antonio Blakeney has informed @ESPNRNHoops that he has reopened his recruiting.

Back