• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I will take 247's rankings over espn any day, and we are much more favorably rated on there

I will take 247's rankings over espn any day, and we are much more favorably rated on there

I don't know anybody who would disagree with you about the declining quality of ESPN's recruiting coverage.

That said, "we are much more favorably rated on there." - Really? I'd rather our staff recruit top-shelf talent, then trust recruiting analysts who rated Rondale Watson 3-stars sight (most likely) unseen.

Still don't get how 247 is the only service that has rated BChill, especially considering he's on a nationally top 10 team.

I don't know anybody who would disagree with you about the declining quality of ESPN's recruiting coverage.

That said, "we are much more favorably rated on there." - Really? I'd rather our staff recruit top-shelf talent, then trust recruiting analysts who rated Rondale Watson 3-stars sight (most likely) unseen.

My point was simply that I feel great about having a top 20 class according to 247, and don't care what espn says.

Still don't get how 247 is the only service that has rated BChill, especially considering he's on a nationally top 10 team.

He is also a teammate of a top 5 player and they are frequently overlooked. Historically, mid-majors have done well recruiting the second best player on a team with a superstar. Kwe fits that role. Brandon is number three and despite the increasing number of schools with multiple Division 1 BB talent, it is still rare to find three or more legitimate D1 prospects on one team. Our link to Brandon provides a focus that few evaluators possess.

Last edited:
They also have Sam Miller who's a 6'8" PF committed to Dayton. He should help them next year considering they just kicked their C and backup C off the team. Yeah, Lykes is nice, but damn is he small.

Looks like they've lost quite a few games this year, actually. Maybe bit off more then they can chew in the tourneys? But still in the top 10 locally. Dematha is an absolute power, as per usual. WCAC bball is awesome, but there are a few cupcakes. Seems like these coaches are trying to schedule more and more national tourneys to keep the seniors from transferring to Oak Hill and the like.

I didn't mention Miller because he committed to Archie but he is a beast around the rim, no doubt. Dematha already beat O'Connell so they will be primed for the game against Gonzaga. I agree that the coaches are looking to travel because there are very few teams that can measure up to what these players see in their AAU circuits. Prentiss Hubb and Myles Dread are fun young guys to watch and they square off on the AAU route for Team Takeover and DMVElite, the two best teams around this area. To put things in perspective, Dread was rated #26 in the country and Hubb was rated #37 in the country among all eighth graders. And they both come off the bench at Gonzaga as frosh. That team has some impressive depth.

He is also a teammate of a top 5 player and they are frequently overlooked. Historically, mid-majors have done well recruiting the second best player on a team with a superstar. Kwe fits that role. Brandon is number three and despite the increasing number of schools with multiple Division 1 BB talent, it is still rare to find three legitimate D1 prospects on one team. Our link to Brandon provides a focus that few evaluators possess.

What about four, such as WCA?

Brick Oettenger of ACCsports.com/ACC Sports Journal has stated BChill is top 75, but hasn't released rankings yet.

Although he's skilled and a good leader, BChill is pretty short with unimpressive quickness and athleticism. I can see why there's not a consensus on his potential.

Although he's skilled and a good leader, BChill is pretty short with unimpressive quickness and athleticism. I can see why there's not a consensus on his potential.

Have you watched him? Pretty quick and gets in the lane easily. More impressive is his ability to change his pace - not many HS juniors have that.

Collins looks a lot like James Johnson in that clip. Ability to get to the hole and finish with contact stands out

Have you watched him? Pretty quick and gets in the lane easily. More impressive is his ability to change his pace - not many HS juniors have that.

Yes, I have. I like his game. He's not as explosive as some guards, in my opinion, but he makes up for it in craftiness. I'm just saying that, depending on an evaluator's biases, I could see why they may have him rated a little lower.

Back