• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

hot-chick-on-an-Excercise-Ball.gif

Is that a play of the lighting, a poon shadow, or just part of the blacksmith's apron?

It was complete conjecture. I don't think any evidence was offered to support the hypothesis.

I don't think it was complete conjecture. He transferred high schools back and forth during the same season (public to private and back to public) and reclassified as he did so. His private school coach was also fired for what most people believe was taking money. I could imagine the changing schools and reclassifying could cause the NCAA to take a harder look. So definite academic issues? No. Likely having to take a second look to make sure everything is NCAA eligible? Likely.

Wasn't there some conjecture that Kirk had some academic issues? He does seem like a similar player to Dixson, so I don't know of any other reason why we wouldn't offer Kirk, if we offer Dixson.

Seems as plausible to me that Manning thought we had a legit shot at a bigger name, held back Kirk's offer to keep the spot open, was surprised to see Kirk go elsewhere, and whiffed on the big name(s). And now is extending the Dixson offer because there are no more compelling names out there.

Who knows; I still would like to trust this staff to not make a desperation offer and thus will assume that they like what they've seen out of Dixson.

Of course, the big question is why we only have one spot to begin with. I guess Rondale is staying.

I don't think it was complete conjecture. He transferred high schools back and forth during the same season (public to private and back to public) and reclassified as he did so. His private school coach was also fired for what most people believe was taking money. I could imagine the changing schools and reclassifying could cause the NCAA to take a harder look. So definite academic issues? No. Likely having to take a second look to make sure everything is NCAA eligible? Likely.

That still sounds pretty conjecture-y to me and not so much like evidence. Sorry but I don't love spreading rumors that some kid has academic issues without evidence.

That still sounds pretty conjecture-y to me and not so much like evidence. Sorry but I don't love spreading rumors that some kid has academic issues without evidence.

people do that way too often. its ridiculous for grown men to gossip about a kid's grades like that

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Wendell Carter Likes Duke, Kentucky, Among Others; Adds Kansas, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest Offers
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/wend...rs-adds-kansas-vanderbilt-wake-forest-offers/
“The spring’s going pretty good,” he said. “My recruitment is getting a little better. I’m getting some new looks. Kansas offered me, Vanderbilt offered me, and Wake Forest offered me [this spring]. No one’s really recruiting me the hardest because you know no one can really talk to me until June 15, but until then I’ll try to figure out who really wants me.”
Although he would not reveal a list of favorites, he did note a handful of schools that he’ll keep a close eye on.
“I guess I’m more interested in just the best schools like Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and I like Harvard a lot as well,” he said. “Florida and Florida State are on my top list of schools as well.”

Last edited:
this is my final post on this thread.

the damage that buzz and wellman did to wake basketball is immeasurable and we will not recover from it in any sustainable fashion, especially in the new ACC

unlike bz, danny does have an eye for talent, but unfortunately he is the dwarf trying to lay the supermodel at this point

he buys the drinks, gets her buzzed and then let's the player move in and close the deal

adieu

Does your Dad think he should only recruit honkies?

Nearly 8 days of silence between these two posts. Impressive discipline.

simultaneously the understatement and banality of the year: Kwe Parker has elite athletic ability

his basketball skills are also improving; keep up the good work, and come to Wake

I want Kwe wearing that gold and black so bad. Between him, Chill and Crawford, we will have the quickest backcourt in the ACC and possibly the scariest for the next 3-4 years once they arrive

Back