• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Im still stickin with my prediction. Smith, Tatum and Giles to Duke.

Im still stickin with my prediction. Smith, Tatum and Giles to Duke.

You never know with recruiting, but it seems like Duke is recruiting Frank Jackson and not much Smith right now for that PG spot

Why would CP3 be there?

giphy.gif

Few thoughts from the UA Camp last night

I arrived as the 5:30 games were finishing up so didn't see too much of Brandon. His team did win by 20 though and from what I heard, he was one of the top players in his game.
Lon Kruger and his top two assistants were there watching McGusty. Theyre clearly making him a priority and at this point, I'd say it's highly unlikely he goes somewhere other than OU.
I noticed Randolph Childress during the 7:00 games. He was watching court 1 even though Wake's targets (at least what I thought) were all playing on court 2. McGusty and 2017's Paul Scruggs, Mitchell Ballock, and Greg Floyd Jr were all playing on court 2. The marquee matchup of DeAndre Ayton vs. Thon Makur was on court 1, but I couldn't link any of the other players to Wake. I'll try to send a picture of the rosters later if I can figure out how to.
Thon Makur was far and away the best player I saw yesterday. I always thought he was a little overrated, but after seeing him play, I'm shocked he's not ranked up there with Giles, Jackson, and Tatum at the top of '16. On one play, he chased down a long rebound, spun out of a double team in the corner, crossed up a guy at midcourt, and then split the last two defenders around the foul line before finishing a two-handed dunk from about twelve feet out. Only took him about 4 dribbles too. Didn't shoot many jumpshot bc he didn't need to and was dunking everything in sight, but his form looked good and made most of his foul shots. Looks like he down to ASU and Indiana though. Crean was there last night and Hurley is here watching him play this morning. IIRC he mentioned a few months ago about wanting to play with Giles or how Manning would be a great big man coach or something. Anyway, one can dream.
DeAndre Ayton didn't have his best game, partly due to his teammates hardly feeding him the ball. However, it's easy to see why scouts love him so much--he's a legit 7 footer who can step out and hit 3s and guard all 5 positions. He had 2 or 3 steals off of pick-pocketing the other team's guards.
I stuck around for the beginning of the 9:00 game mainly to see Josh Jackson-who ended up not playing I guess b/c of the U19 tournament. He actually got thrown out of the gym for arguing with the ref it was pretty hilarious. The standouts were Curtis Jones(extremely athletic for a 2) and underclassmen MJ Walker(best shooter on the floor) Bol Bol(beast like his dad) and Nazreon Reid (potential to be the top player in his class(2018). However, when I left Randolph Childress was still sticking around on court 1 and not watching any of this game.

All in all though, it was pretty great setup and I'm definitely trying to go back tonight or tomorrow. Let me know any Wake target's that I may have missed and I'll try to check them out (full roster here: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1780612 ) I'd be surprised if Randolph was back today as it seems Wake's main targets are at Adidas and Nike.

Thon Maker was ranked in the final 2015 rankings for most services and a lot have a policy to not include those players in another year's rankings. So he's basically an unranked 5* recruit.

Thon Maker was ranked in the final 2015 rankings for most services and a lot have a policy to not include those players in another year's rankings. So he's basically an unranked 5* recruit.

An ego thing amongst the "rankers"?

Harry comes out strong with 25 and 11 plus lots of steals and blocks. Overall, 10-13 all in the paint. Not a bad outing!

[video]https://vine.co/v/enxXmBdzm7Y[/video]

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/enxXmBdzm7Y/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

How do you post a vine on the forums?

Last edited:
Back