• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 5m5 minutes ago North Carolina, USA
Hearing Harry Giles will start his Wake Forest official visit today, beginning on campus at noon at the basketball office.

LET'S GO!

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 1m1 minute ago North Carolina, USA
Giles will also be in attendance tonight as the Wake Forest volleyball team takes on Georgia in the Deacon Classic (7 p.m. Reynolds Gym).

UK March Madness vs. women's volleyball. Hmm...
Reynolds is bigger than Cameron and the volleyball players are HOT.

Reynolds is bigger than Cameron and the volleyball players are HOT.
4422313-edarem+creepy.gif

Danny and company know what we need to do to get Harry. I imagine if it's possible to do this without tanking us into probation, it's going to HAPPEN!!!11!! I'll be as crushed as the next guy if he goes to Duke, but I just don't see him doing the WF community wrong like that. There are so many emotions invested in his recruitment and if we are lucky it'll come down to a "follow your heart, Harry" moment, rather than "do what comes easy and go to Duke".

I often wondered where we would be right now if we had gone with Coach Battle instead.

There's no telling. Battle is a great recruiter and a players coach. He also is a high integrity guy who wouldn't have given Ron the headaches that Dino did and ultimately led to his firing. I think Battle would have been offered and accepted the job if it weren't for his wife passing away during this time. He prioritized being as close to his son and being a family man over taking a big career leap. Just my opinion.

We got beautiful weather here in Winston this weekend.

This post made me LOL. The great weather in Winston one weekend is going to be enough to put Wake over the top with a kid who has lived in Winston for years and knows exactly what to expect from the weather year round? Is this for serious?

Back