• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

If he were gonna commit to Duke why not just do it on the visit? Makes no sense for him to wait a week then commit to Duke. Makes you wonder!!

tumblr_lwuu709zBG1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Lebron announced The Decision from Connecticut. He knew it would have been a dick move to announce he hasn't staying home in his home town.

Dukeson is saying Harry Giles has less class than Lebron.

#vibes

I guess we can agree to disagree! I think Giles identifies Winston much more as the home of his family and friends than he does as the home of Wake, so to speak. I hope if he does announce in WS, and does choose Duke, that people in Wake would not feel it as a slap in the face! Especially given how much of a respectful young man he's been in the years he's been recruited.

When+you+already+won+the+argument+but+the+other+person_0e82bc_5124618.gif

Will it be a hat picking or just an announcement? Will the reaction be on this thread or are we gonna have a Harry Giles Announcement Thread? If we do have a separate thread, who starts it? Who is the viber of all vibes? So many questions.

I don't care how nice, respectful, whatever this Dukeson guy has been or wants to be - I really just want him to get off this thread. We don't really want to hear what he says about the situation - good, bad, or indifferent. Just go back and talk to your Duke friends. Or get on some of the other threads on this board if you really want to talk to Wake people for some reason. Just get off of my cloud...

I hope if he does announce in WS, and does choose Duke, that people in Wake would not feel it as a slap in the face! Especially given how much of a respectful young man he's been in the years he's been recruited.

Yeah, no. He'll be labeled a traitor and forever hated around Wake folk. Fair or unfair - that's how it'll go down. He'll get boo'd as much as anyone ever has if Duke plays @ Wake that year then proceed to dump 40 on us.

Last edited:
Pretty amazing maturity demonstrated by Giles that he is maintaining the courtesy of giving Duke an official visit. Apparently he developed a nice little relationship with some of the staff while recovering from his knee injury so I can understand wanting to not hurt their feelings by giving them the courtesy of keeping up appearances for them by giving Duke a visit.

Yeah, no. He'll be labeled a traitor and forever hated around Wake folk. Fair or unfair - that's how it'll go down. He'll get boo'd as much as anyone ever has if Duke plays @ Wake that year then proceed to dump 40 on us.

Look if he chooses Duke, I promise they won't beat us. You think the current players are just going to forget that their close friend opted to go to a big rival? Yeah, Harry might dump 40 but Lil Chill will dump 50

This is definitely the school of thought from the Duke perspective -- that we won the recruitment during his surgery and rehab. I'll elaborate after Giles makes his choice no matter which school because I don't want another negative rep downpour, but if he chooses Duke this will be pointed to as the moment we took the catbird's seat

Everyone knows that he has a great relationship with Jeff Capel. That's not a secret.

I'm not sure that everyone realizes how close Harry is to the Childress family- not just Brandon. They've been friends for a while. Manning and Giles are also very close. Manning reached out to Harry and his family the minute he was hired. There was no delay in contact, and there was never a doubt that signing and mentoring Giles was Manning's priority. Manning has been THE Giles recruiter since he stepped on campus (took over Chill's duty).

There is no way anyone can argue which person Giles is closest to- Capel or Manning/Childress. He's a kid, and he's close to all of them, just like he calls Tatum AND Childress his best friends, fam, etc. He's friends with Chris Paul- the centerpiece of his AAU empire (Harry was front-and-center when his jersey was retired). I mean, hell, I sat beside him for at least 20 basketball games over the last few years, he's hung around/mentored my kid's AAU team. I've had conversations with him about school, shoes, basketball, concession stand lines...I've high-fived the kid and celebrated when we beat dook and UNC (and he was elated- and his emotions were genuine), maybe we're besties.

The bottom line is, no matter who Giles chooses, he's going to sever ties with someone who has been a friend to him for several years. Personally, I think this is why he has taken his recruiting journey this far. Hopefully Harry is able to, in his mind, separate the friends who have his best interest in mind from the friends who want to collect him like another trophy.

The whole process be-Giles me

The
Everyone knows that he has a great relationship with Jeff Capel. That's not a secret.

I'm not sure that everyone realizes how close Harry is to the Childress family- not just Brandon. They've been friends for a while. Manning and Giles are also very close. Manning reached out to Harry and his family the minute he was hired. There was no delay in contact, and there was never a doubt that signing and mentoring Giles was Manning's priority. Manning has been THE Giles recruiter since he stepped on campus (took over Chill's duty).

There is no way anyone can argue which person Giles is closest to- Capel or Manning/Childress. He's a kid, and he's close to all of them, just like he calls Tatum AND Childress his best friends, fam, etc. He's friends with Chris Paul- the centerpiece of his AAU empire (Harry was front-and-center when his jersey was retired). I mean, hell, I sat beside him for at least 20 basketball games over the last few years, he's hung around/mentored my kid's AAU team. I've had conversations with him about school, shoes, basketball, concession stand lines...I've high-fived the kid and celebrated when we beat dook and UNC (and he was elated- and his emotions were genuine), maybe we're besties.

The bottom line is, no matter who Giles chooses, he's going to sever ties with someone who has been a friend to him for several years. Personally, I think this is why he has taken his recruiting journey this far. Hopefully Harry is able to, in his mind, separate the friends who have his best interest in mind from the friends who want to collect him like another trophy.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

But seriously though, if he's going to commit to Duke, just do it there on the visit. Although, a hat choosing ceremony would certainly garner more exposure than committing at Duke since there's only one possible conclusion if he did it there.

Not necessarily. He could do a hat picking ceremony at Duke, and choose Wake.

Will it be a hat picking or just an announcement? Will the reaction be on this thread or are we gonna have a Harry Giles Announcement Thread? If we do have a separate thread, who starts it? Who is the viber of all vibes? So many questions.

once harry makes his decision this thread will make way for a new recruiting thread.

you can't sit on the sidelines for this. all aboard the #vibes train. everyone has to give in the the #vibes. all in. the meltdown would be epic if he chose dook anyway. why temper that? it's got to be the melt-down of all meltdowns.

#VIBES

Back