• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I couldn't get any info on Devoe's leanings but someone I spoke to was bullish on WF & Ayo but said WF still had work to do.

I feel good about our chances with Devoe. There is seldom a "sure thing" in recruiting, and this is not either, but I like the odds

Everything I have heard on Devoe is that he is still completely up in the air about where is he going. He had a good time this weekend, but wasn't ready to commit. Hopefully he takes some time and decides Wake is the place he wants to be.

Credibility rising:

I am not worried at all about Mucius, he will be a Deac and that has been the case for some time now. As for a PG, I would be extremely happy with either Devoe or Dosunmu. Breaking down each of their games from everything I have read, Dosunmu is more of a slasher, finisher type who just shoots ok from 3 and is more of a combo guard or lead guard than a pure point. Most of his scoring comes from attacking the basket and either finishing or making ft's after being fouled and he is very quick as well. Devoe is more of a "pure" point who distributes well and is a very good passer (I have seen comparisons to Kendall Marshall in this regard) but is also a very good 3 point shooter. During this year's EYBL events, he shot over 42% from 3 (Ayo was 27%) and averaged 15.8ppg, 4.6rpg, 4.6apg, 42.1% from 3, 81.1% FT's. Ayo was a big scorer at 23.2ppg, 3.9rpg, 3.1apg and shot 27.3% from 3 and 79% ft's. Their size is pretty comparable and Dosunmu appears to be quicker and a little more athletic than Devoe but both are fine in those areas.

Mucius has wanted to be a Deac since day one.

I have it from the same source that told me 6 months ago that "Hoard is 100% going to come to wake", that Mucius really wants to be a Deac too. While we've prioritized Hoard over him, and rightfully so, it shouldn't keep Mucius from joining the 2018 class.

I literally asked the mods to ban me if we didn't get Hoard and I claimed he was ours well before anyone else jumped on it.

I also doubled down that Mucius is in the bag and I stand by that still. I guess my creamy scoops don't mean anything to you, do they?

We're getting Mucius and Ayooooooo

Gonna need to start stocking up on toilet paper now

Hide your keys

Credibility falling:

Fwiw I haven't heard good things on the Mucius front and I heard the Hoard news early in the summer.

But I'll ride the vibes. Actually really like our chances with Ayo.

My dude said Mucius was out if Hoard committed

Ayo has us in top 2, likely 1

That's all I got

Will the liar Townie's lying lies hurt our vibes for Ayo? Save us Buckets!

I can't believe Townie would flat out lie to us like that. Boo Townie. #fakerecruitingnews

Have to wonder whether last night's violence on the GT campus might affect Devoe's decision making. Would certainly be concerning to me if I was a top recruit's parent.

I'm hopeful we hear something from Devoe tomorrow. I know Ayo is ranked higher but (1) I'm a huge Devoe fan and (2) I'd be nervous relying on an Ayo commitment when "experts" don't seem to think we're in the driver's seat

Agree. Let's lock in one and close out this outstanding class.

Credibility rising:

Credibility falling:

Will the liar Townie's lying lies hurt our vibes for Ayo? Save us Buckets!

For what it is worth i have heard from Creamy's source first hand and it is as legit and close to the source as it gets.

Back