• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I would add this guy was ranked as high as 60 by some before his injury knocking him out for much of last year. Offers from Baylor, Gators, UGA, GT, UVA, and NCSU to name a few. That is a big time win and as someone else mentioned after we swung for the fences. A true PG to set up Hoard, Mucius, Sharone along with Chaundee, Olivier, etc.

So fun to be excited about WF BB again. Has been a long while.

Always good to beat out the likes of GT, UVA and NC St. Mi gusta mucho!!

#NoMoreTears #Tiers #FearTheDeacs

Bryant Crawford was ranked 111 on 247 as an example. You never know what these young guys are going to become but Wake has a chance to be very special in the next few years.

Which was bizarre in that he was DC POY over guy named Fultz.

Another win on the recruiting trail for Danny and the staff!

This time around, Lewis chose Wake over Baylor and Mississippi State. Last time around, Lewis chose NC State over Baylor and Georgia Tech.

Ultimately, Lewis chose Wake over offers from North Carolina State, Kansas, Florida, Baylor, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Connecticut, California, Missouri, Georgia, and Tulane. From what I can tell, Mississippi State never actually offered.

:dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac: WELCOME JAMIE! :dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

Another win on the recruiting trail for Danny and the staff!

This time around, Lewis chose Wake over Baylor and Mississippi State. Last time around, Lewis chose NC State over Baylor and Georgia Tech.

Ultimately, Lewis chose Wake over offers from North Carolina State, Kansas, Florida, Baylor, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Connecticut, California, Missouri, Georgia, and Tulane. From what I can tell, Mississippi State never actually offered.

Time will tell, but this could be better than getting a 1 year, drama kid, Ayo.

I don't see Ayo as a successful one and done

I don't see Ayo as a successful one and done

He won't be IMO either. Of course, he will certainly go to the camps and see where he falls on the scale. But he'd be foolish to get lured into a 2nd round position. Hopefully his expectations evolve to become less unrealistic unlike his adoring fans in Corn City, IL.

Lewis actually got as high as number 38 nationally and the number 5 point guard before injuries.

Could be wrong, but I recall that the bulk of discussion on this board when Manning was hired focused on his ability to recruit and not coaching ability, as his Tulsa team had just won the CUSA regular season and conference tournament.

I said it before, but we're ahead of where I thought we'd be in recruiting and just about where I thought we'd be with performance on the court. Really trending upward with recruiting. Great work by Manning & the coaching staff. Congrats.

Could be wrong, but I recall that the bulk of discussion on this board when Manning was hired focused on his ability to recruit and not coaching ability, as his Tulsa team had just won the CUSA regular season and conference tournament.

I said it before, but we're ahead of where I thought we'd be in recruiting and just about where I thought we'd be with performance on the court. Really trending upward with recruiting. Great work by Manning & the coaching staff. Congrats.

There is no reason to think that with the amount of work Manning puts in that he won't become a good to great coach. It is still very early in his coaching career, and we are lucky to have him. The future is bright for the deacs :cool:

Last edited:
Back