• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

There is no reason to think that with the amount of work Manning puts in that he won't become a good to great coach. It is still very early in his coaching career, and we are lucky to have him.

I agree, just pointing out that recruiting was a perceived weakness that has been proven wrong. Didn't mean to imply he wouldn't be a good or great coach for us, personally believe he will be a great coach for us.

We could in theory have a 3 deep roster at every position in 18-19 (longshot that everyone stays though):

PG: Crawford, Chill, Lewis
SG: Woods, Wright, Washington
SF: Chaundee, Mucius, Eggleston
PF: Hoard, Mitchell, Okeke
C: Moore, Sarr, SJM

The starters plus Sarr, Mucius, and Chill would make an awesome 8 man rotation.

Think Sarr will have passed Doral by the end of the season.

And no, not trying to start the "but Sarr's a 4!" debate again.

Think Sarr will have passed Doral by the end of the season.

And no, not trying to start the "but Sarr's a 4!" debate again.

I've heard that Sarr has an absurd amount of talent, it's just a matter of when it clicks for him that he will be big for us.

We could in theory have a 3 deep roster at every position in 18-19 (longshot that everyone stays though):

That has to be the deepest team since 08. Maybe even 04-05?

That has to be the deepest team since 08. Maybe even 04-05?

Time will tell if they perform better, but I think they certainly look to be, on paper at least, quite a bit deeper than either of those two teams. We were thin on the bench and too dependent on a few select players. '04-05 seemed to have the requisite amount of depth, but still didn't play much defense 1-8. Hopefully the combination of size, length, depth up front and overall versatility of this roster will prove to be quite good to great by 2019-20, if not by mid-season of 2018-19.

if crawford stays (big if) 18-19 has potential to be the best wake team since tim duncan.

Tough to say that for sure when more than half of those guys have yet to play a single game at Wake Forest.

Also a good point, but we have some can't miss prospects that are coming on board - Chaundeac, Sarr, Hoard, Mucius - which leads me to believe we'll be every bit as deep as those squads. Even w/o a HOFer like CP3

If that's the group that are on the roster and Doral really has improved, the starting line-up will likely be:

PG- Bryant
SG- Chaundee
SF- Jaylen
PF- Olivier
C- Doral

That's a Top 15 starting line-up.

Time will tell if they perform better, but I think they certainly look to be, on paper at least, quite a bit deeper than either of those two teams. We were thin on the bench and too dependent on a few select players. '04-05 seemed to have the requisite amount of depth, but still didn't play much defense 1-8. Hopefully the combination of size, length, depth up front and overall versatility of this roster will prove to be quite good to great by 2019-20, if not by mid-season of 2018-19.

That 08-09 team also was awful at outside shooting, which shouldn't be an issue for this team.

It'll be interesting to see how Crawford handles things at the end of the season. I have firmly felt like he's gone after this season but if his stock isn't projected to rise or drop from Jr. to Sr. year, I could see him potentially wanting to come back to play for what could be a top 10 team.

Crawford would be an incredible 4th year player. Key Woods would be a great RS Senior that may come have to come off the bench because of how loaded we'd be. Sarr is already projected as a FRP after 19. It wouldn't be that surprising if Hoard was a FRP after 19. we're talking NBA talent, senior experience talent, and great depth (chaundee, mucius, junior chill).

If that's the group that are on the roster and Doral really has improved, the starting line-up will likely be:

PG- Bryant
SG- Chaundee
SF- Jaylen
PF- Olivier
C- Doral

That's a Top 15 starting line-up.
Yes!

Back