• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Nothing too new here, but some consolidated transfer information from a recent article in The Athletic:

I just can't see a good grad PG coming to Wake when the best case scenario is being the backup to the assistant coach's kid. The only grad transfer we've had who didn't start the majority of games for us was Coron Williams. I'd rather get a bench shooter like that to replace Woods. I think it's more realistic, too.

I just can't see a good grad PG coming to Wake when the best case scenario is being the backup to the assistant coach's kid.

Yeah. That's an easy scenario to recruit against for opposing coaches.

Grayson Allen cannot be surpassed in terms of "which duke player do you hate the most." And yes I know a Christian Laettner.

Let's be realistic, you can make a whole team:

JJ Redick
Grayson Allen
Christian Laettner
Jon Scheyer
et al

It's easy to dislike Duke and their decades worth of annoying white guys, but I'd also have to put Duhon on my list. If for no other reason, he crushed a 14 year old Creamy on a last second shot.

Gerald Henderson also. Only decent thing he did was beat the hell out of Hansbrough

It's easy to dislike Duke and their decades worth of annoying white guys, but I'd also have to put Duhon on my list. If for no other reason, he crushed a 14 year old Creamy on a last second shot.

Gerald Henderson also. Only decent thing he did was beat the hell out of Hansbrough

Dahntay Jones is in my top 5.

Paulus and Singler also extremely hate-able. Sheldon Williams and his tractor sized, sexually assaulting forehead too.

Fun fact: Sheldon (in college) was hitting on some girl who went to my HS, and she foolishly gave us his AIM screenname back in the day. We had a good time for a while messing with him - for some reason, it took him forever to block us. I remember him being absurdly insecure.

Nothing too new here, but some consolidated transfer information from a recent article in The Athletic:

Nat Dixon on 4/20? Vibes, y'all. Vibes.

I don't mind Henderson, but mainly because he maimed Hansbrough. Fuck Duhon, though. And Nelson. And Dockery. And (Nolan) Smith. And Ewing.

That’s fine, but I doubt a 2018 prospect originally signed to ECU is much of an ACC prospect. We never offered him and missed on plenty of better guards in the meantime. This just reeks of desperation when you put all of the pieces together.

Couldn't the same thing have been said about Torin Dorn and Keyshawn Woods when they were leaving Charlotte? Don't think those two were desperation transfer signings.

Couldn't the same thing have been said about Torin Dorn and Keyshawn Woods when they were leaving Charlotte? Don't think those two were desperation transfer signings.

Scratch that. I am just seeing he is class of 2018, not 2017. Got ahead of myself. Disregard.

One new nugget from the transfer market (via The Athletic):

Anthony Tarke, F, NJIT: Tarke tells The Fieldhouse he’s heard from Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, George Mason, St. Bonaventure, Nevada, Maryland, Wake Forest, Kansas, Georgetown, Texas, Auburn, Minnesota, George Washington, Texas Tech, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, UConn, Coastal Carolina, South Carolina, Kansas State, Florida Atlantic, La Salle and Dayton. The 6-6 sophomore wing averaged 15.1 points and 6.0 rebounds this past season for NJIT.

Not a grad transfer, Tarke will need to sit out the 2019 season. He would have two years of eligibility left in the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

I don't think we're a front-runner for Tarke, I've seen him most linked to Cincinnati and Texas Tech. His shooting percentages saw a huge dip as a Sophomore (40.4% FG on 13+ shots/game; 28.7 3PT% on nearly 5 shots/game; 64% FT). That said, he seems to be a decent defender and may be better suited as a 3rd/4th option.

While a lot of teams are attrached to Tarke, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep if we don't heavily pursue him.

Wyatt Walker (Samford) is set to visit Wisconsin and NC State.

Would love to land him, but I don't think we have a shot.

Back