• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Using CMM and Crawford as evidence of Wake's legacy that Manning can't continue just undermines the credibility of your entire comment.

Why? 1. CMM was not Manning's recruit 2. Crawford was recruited by Manning before he ever finished 1 season at Wake? So what are you talking about? Learn your facts.

Class of 2020 PG prospect Shakeel Moore from Greensboro had a couple nice games for CP3 against Team Charlotte and Team Felton. Elite vertical, which we already knew, but also played solid on ball defense. Looking forward to see if he shows more growth to his game this summer.

Its fun reading about kids that will never commit danny and the walking dead.

They weren't great PGs. There is no legacy that involves CP3, Teague, Ish and then also CMM and Crawford.

CMM had injuries and didn't have the career he was supposed to in college for a multitude of reasons, still was a top 100 recruit who had carved out a nice non-NBA career for himself after Wake. Crawford also a top 100 PG who ranks top 10 in career assists, career 3PM, and career steals at Wake, also ranks in the top 25 in Wake Forest career scoring. While not NBA players they were good enough to play NBA summer league. Wake was bringing in top 100 PGs, who either had nice college careers, nice pro careers, or both. See any PGs like that coming down the pipeline to play for Manning now?

It’s crazy to see people shitting on Crawford. He was a good player who had too much of a burden playing for a crap coach.

Crawford would most likely have been a 2,000 point career points guy had he stayed for senior year, which is really hard to believe as much as we picked apart his flaws on this board.

. While not NBA players they were good enough to play NBA summer league./QUOTE]

To be fair, Christian Ellis also played in the summer league and he was garbage. One of my favorite Deacs, but being on a summer (or d) league roster doesn’t mean a ton.

CMM had injuries and didn't have the career he was supposed to in college for a multitude of reasons, still was a top 100 recruit who had carved out a nice non-NBA career for himself after Wake. Crawford also a top 100 PG who ranks top 10 in career assists, career 3PM, and career steals at Wake, also ranks in the top 25 in Wake Forest career scoring. While not NBA players they were good enough to play NBA summer league. Wake was bringing in top 100 PGs, who either had nice college careers, nice pro careers, or both. See any PGs like that coming down the pipeline to play for Manning now?

Who cares what they were ranked in HS. Ish Smith, Jeff Teague, and CP3 are in a different category than CMM and Crawford. As much as you don't want to believe it, Childress' stats this year were pretty similar to Crawford's last season at Wake.

Chill:
GP MPG PTS REB AST STL BLK TO FG% FT% 3P%[IMG]
[IMG]31 36.4 14.7 3.8 4.0 1.5 0.0 2.7 38.3 79.6 36.8

Crawford:

Crawford's stats were significantly better in fewer minutes.

Who cares what they were ranked in HS. Ish Smith, Jeff Teague, and CP3 are in a different category than CMM and Crawford. As much as you don't want to believe it, Childress' stats this year were pretty similar to Crawford's last season at Wake.

Chill:
GP MPG PTS REB AST STL BLK TO FG% FT% 3P%[IMG]
[IMG]31 36.4 14.7 3.8 4.0 1.5 0.0 2.7 38.3 79.6 36.8

Crawford:

Whatabout if you expand Craw's numbers per minute into Chill's mpg? :)

did everyone forget that crawford is also the all time leading turnover maker in the history of the program...in only 2.5 seasons(he eclipsed early his jr year). He had talent sure...but his head is too big. I think he was a bit ovverrated coming out of HS just because of how talented he was....way to much hero ball and wayy to many turnovers when it mattered the most. You want your point guard to be the opposite of that.

The problem with our PG's (and every other position) has not been ability and even the talent to score offensively, it has been on the defensive side where we have sucked. Ask yourself when the last time we could consistently (or even occasionally) get a stop when we needed it? The inability to coach (and play) defense with any semblance of mediocrity has been our problem, and likely will be, since Manning has been here and to a large extent when (name redacted) was here. Defense and rebounding are the most important aspects to play as a TEAM effort and we have not had any of that in a long time Prove me wrong this year Danny, I double dog dare you.

Last edited:
It’s crazy to see people shitting on Crawford. He was a good player who had too much of a burden playing for a crap coach.

I don't disagree, but people shit on him for 3+ years... Why would that be different now?

And he had a number of frustrating flaws in his game... Turnovers, lack of defense (whether it was scheme, effort, or ability... or a combo of those), poor shot selection (sometimes at crucial moments), and missed dunks all come to mind.

I don't disagree, but people shit on him for 3+ years... Why would that be different now?

And he had a number of frustrating flaws in his game... Turnovers, lack of defense (whether it was scheme, effort, or ability... or a combo of those), poor shot selection (sometimes at crucial moments), and missed dunks all come to mind.

Those things are all Manning's fault.

did everyone forget that crawford is also the all time leading turnover maker in the history of the program...in only 2.5 seasons(he eclipsed early his jr year). He had talent sure...but his head is too big. I think he was a bit ovverrated coming out of HS just because of how talented he was....way to much hero ball and wayy to many turnovers when it mattered the most. You want your point guard to be the opposite of that.

He was #94 in the RSCI. Perhaps we overrated him but not the recruiting services.

Really? A couple points, three FG points, lower 3P%, higher FT%, worse TO, slightly higher AST. Chill didn't have Doral to throw lobs to.

The eye test tells me Crawford was more athletic and overall a bit better, Chill is a better 3point shooter, but Crawford had some of the worst bball IQ I've seen in a long time outside of an occasional sweet pass.

Not seeing it. Not in the stats that were posted and not from an overall starting pg/team leader perspective.

I mean, if you replaced junior Brandon Childress with junior Bryant Crawford would this team have been "significantly" better this year ?

Nope.

Last edited:
Back