• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Already s-typed, dude. Ready for your obit.
All I know is that the only two people, one the AD and the other the Prez, who actually have anything to do at this moment with our b-ball program, sure look white to me.

Gee, that was rather mean.

I think Chaz left after his Sophomore year....Marc and Rusty-decades ago. Noting whie players in general.

Chas played 4 years, finishing in 2010 (Dino's last year). We could have used some of his toughness over the last few years.

Who actually gives a fuck whether our players are black or white?

giphy.gif

RJ: I don't care what you think. Of course its a racial statement since every year there are complaints about there not being enough pocs in coaching positions I can certainly add my opinion to the mix. I just state what many people are thinking. Manning may recruit good white players but they rarely come to WFU

That's disputes your racist premise that Manning doesn't recruit good white players as he clearly does. He landed a star white player in Dinos. Austin Arians was a very solid player.

It's not "what many people are thinking". It's what a bunch of old racists are thinking.

BTW, St. GDO landed exactly ZERO good American white guys from 1995 -his departure. Rusty was recruited for football.

I’d like to have one or two more of those damn foreigner this rear.

tongue

What part of a smiley face above don't you understand?

Clearly, that post was tongue-in-cheek.

But thanks for playing.

Your tongue was next to the first line not the second line. You sure are an arrogant smart ass....

Somehow GDO got criticism for recruiting too many white players. Or maybe it was not enough non-white players.

Don’t remember hearing that. I do remember hearing Odom criticized for not recruiting enough athletic wings before he got Josh Howard.

Don’t remember hearing that. I do remember hearing Odom criticized for not recruiting enough athletic wings before he got Josh Howard.

There was one recruiting year in particular a couple people thought we seemed to be skewed towards American and European white recruits. I am not even sure if it was backed up by facts. It is too long ago for me to remember the particulars. It may have just worked out that way with mutual interest. I have no idea who Odom wanted if he had his first choice. He did seem to be going hard after a transfer from Wichita State (I think), which did not go with that narrative. He ended up going to Texas.

I remember that too. I remember Odom did have trouble between Ricky Peral and landing Josh Howard frequently being criticized not having that wing player. Odom himself, as I recall, lamented his inability to fill that position and was so happy when Howard signed.
As for anything griped about "not recruiting whites or blacks" I don't remember anything specific at the time. I only started hearing stupidity along those lines much later during the early Prosser Era. And, unfortunately, I can't remember what way it went.

Last edited:
I agree. As shitty as [Redacted] and Manning are I do not think they discriminate based on race.
You got that right, Kenny. Those two have and do give us plenty of legitimate reasons to know they're shit coaches without inventing incendiary fake shit.

Back