• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bernie Would Have Won

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/11/dissecting-the-youth-vote/507416/

"But don’t take the American University sophomore’s comments as a sign the entire youth vote backed the former secretary of state and senator. A national exit poll suggests more young adults in 2016 than in 2012 “supported a third-party candidate, did not vote for a presidential candidate, or specifically chose not to answer this poll question,” according to the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE)."

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/50172...llary-clinton-the-way-they-loved-barack-obama

This shows Hillary won the millennial vote in Michigan by 5% less than Obama did; in PA by 19% less.

"In Pennsylvania, as in Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio, Trump seems to have done marginally better with younger voters than Romney did.

He didn't do incredibly well with the group. But he did well enough to carry Pennsylvania by fewer than 70,000 votes.

And well enough to win Wisconsin by about 27,000 votes."

https://ww2.kqed.org/lowdown/2016/11/14/how-millennials-voted/

"Of the estimated 24 million people under 30 who voted in the 2016 presidential election, a large majority supported Hillary Clinton. But Clinton received notably less support from young voters (18-29) than Barack Obama did in 2008 and 2012, particularly in the crucial battleground states she lost to Donald Trump."

The following shows that if millennials showed up to vote in the percentage as the rest of is did, Clinton would have won:

"About half the number of eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 29 (whom we’ll refer to as “millennials,” although millennials also include people in their early-to-mid-30s) cast ballots in this election. That rate falls well below the estimated general voter turnout rate of roughly 58 percent. About 55 percent of those millennial voters supported Clinton, as compared to the 60 percent who supported Obama in 2012, according to CIRCLE’s analysis. Conversely, youth support from Republicans remained relatively constant: Trump got about 37 percent of the youth vote, roughly equivalent to what Mitt Romney received in 2012."

Like I said, DIDN'T SHOW UP, LAZY and BLAMING other for their inaction.

Blaming trump on millenials, is like blaming Cam Newton when the Panthers lose. You wouldnt have been in the game if it wasnt for us.

WRONG...if you showed up, you'd have a point, but you didn't show up. You can't claim a win from the bench.

not when the boomer starters did a fine job running the game into the ground for a decade plus, no

18to29.jpg

can you polease check your pms thanks

Sol if you showed to vote in the percentage as the rest of us did, you'd have a leg to stand on. But you didn't.

Hell, if you just showed at the overall average rate (which was greatly depressed by your meager efforts), it would have been a blowout.

24M millennials voted at a rate of 50% of those eligible or 18.75% of the total vote. Even including that low rate the total rate was 58% of eligible voters showed up. Which means your age group would have had to show up by at least 20-25% more to reach the same percentage of the rest of us.

Your laziness and lower voting in critical states handed the election to Trump.

The boomers are like the Panthers OL.

Or the drunk OWGs in the stands yelling to put DA in the game. When I had PSL's the OWG in the seat next to me said nothing for 8 games every year but we would have won if DA was in the game.

Sol if you showed to vote in the percentage as the rest of us did, you'd have a leg to stand on. But you didn't.

Hell, if you just showed at the overall average rate (which was greatly depressed by your meager efforts), it would have been a blowout.

24M millennials voted at a rate of 50% of those eligible or 18.75% of the total vote. Even including that low rate the total rate was 58% of eligible voters showed up. Which means your age group would have had to show up by at least 20-25% more to reach the same percentage of the rest of us.

Your laziness and lower voting in critical states handed the election to Trump.

This post is like a BKF post circa 2014. Love it.

This post is like a BKF post circa 2014. Love it.

Unlike you making totally false and BS like "90% vote for Clinton".

Mine are real numbers. the REALITY is had millennials done their civic duty, there would be no President Trump.

Unlike you making totally false and BS like "90% vote for Clinton".

Mine are real numbers. the REALITY is had millennials done their civic duty, there would be no President Trump.

No the reality is without the boomer vote Clinton would have won in an unprecedented landslide.

WTF are you talking about? The 44+ vote was basically as it has been for the past 30+ years (with the exception of Obama).

If millennials had shown up, the outcome would have hanged. There is no doubt about that. You guys are fucking lazy.

Last edited:
The UK versions of us sure as hell weren't lazy last Thursday. The premise for this very thread (I assume)

i don't understand the comparison; in the UK, as in France, it was the centrists that showed up and/or flipped and delivered, rejecting the wingnuts. Nothing to do with Bernie and the ultra progressives

i don't understand the comparison; in the UK, as in France, it was the centrists that showed up and/or flipped and delivered, rejecting the wingnuts. Nothing to do with Bernie and the ultra progressives

See this post. Also, the Conservatives in the UK aren't really "wingnuts."

Labour scored ... dare I say ... YUUUUGE upsets in towns with a gigantic youth population. See Canterbury, which Labour had not won in a century and where the conservs had a majority of 10,000 (out of a approx. 60,000 population) just two years ago. Corbyn attracted the Bernie bros of the UK to his cause, and they flipped that shit

UK youth turnout - 72%
US youth turnout 2016 - 49%

If people just bought my shitty book I would be a successful author.

The size of the bubbles shows it rj

AGAIN, if the younger vote shows up, it doesn't matter. You can't deny that if the millennial voters showed up to vote like everyone does, Trump wouldn't be POTUS.

You can dance try to blame everyone but you, but the truth is your generation is blaming the loss on everyone but themselves as I said you would.

AGAIN, if the younger vote shows up, it doesn't matter. You can't deny that if the millennial voters showed up to vote like everyone does, Trump wouldn't be POTUS.

You can dance try to blame everyone but you, but the truth is your generation is blaming the loss on everyone but themselves as I said you would.
You serious right now Clark? Hello pot meet the kettle.

Back