• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bernie Would Have Won

no one cares, RJ. it's your generation that ruined the Congress and ran two boomers. it's classic boomer to ruin everything in your greed and then blame millennials. CLASSIC

I definitely agree with you, though it's hard to compare this to past elections given social media, the 24 hour news cycle, etc. Picking Tim Kaine was also a devastating move for the Clinton campaign, as he gave the campaign nothing, particularly for self-identified progressives. Going with Brown, Perez, or Warren, etc. probably would have kept Sanders out of the spotlight. Clinton/Kaine was just an awful ticket and Sanders's message and cult of personality turned out to be a lot more compelling from a media perspective. And, again, Clinton was unwilling or unable - it ultimately doesn't matter - to build on the energy that Sanders was generating around his message for her campaign's sake.

Yeah. She picked Kaine to go after white dudes who weren't going to go for Hillary anyway. She should have motivated the base and focused on GOTV efforts.

A left-wing centrist -- in the parlance of our times meaning left on social issues but moderate to right on economic ones -- is not going to accomplish this.

run a hard left progressive in 2020 and turnout will be lower than 2016

touche

but seriously, millennials will be 4 years older and less inclined to engage with left-left politics and politics in general.

If trump and his team can endure this first year onslaught and survive, prospects for reelection are good

Which ever group is proposing death panels for the geriatric shit generation that is the boomers is who we should vote for. I'll canvas and go door to door for that party.

no one cares, RJ. it's your generation that ruined the Congress and ran two boomers. it's classic boomer to ruin everything in your greed and then blame millennials. CLASSIC

What's classic is millennials blaming everyone else for them not participating in the most important of their lives. It's going to take many years to recover from what Trump. Some things won't be able to be fixed.

Millennials KNEW what the outcome would be if they let Trump get elected. But they did.

When boomers knew something was wrong we took the streets and campuses to change it. We took to the street in the 60s for civil rights. We took to the streets to end the war in Viet Nam. We took to the streets and changed the social construct of this country.

Millions of us risked jail, being beaten and even killed to stand up for what we believed in. You guys might tweet a couple of times and put something on Facebook.

We took chances and created businesses. Look at the articles I posted and hundreds of others. Millennials don't do that. They want others to do it for them.

but seriously, millennials will be 4 years older and less inclined to engage with left-left politics and politics in general.

Nah.

The problems that afflict this country -- and millennials predominantly -- aren't going anywhere

We're trying. Hopefully folks like you won't block our dude/dudette from getting in power next time.

We have more of a head start this time, so we'll see what happens

go ahead and run a far left candidate in 2020 and trust to the media bubble again.

you need to energize the voters bigly and/or capture middle class college educated white people who voted for Trump, for some reason.

maybe Anyone But Trump is good enough but I don't think so.

TTICR. Hillary ran on the right platform to be the most electable Democratic candidate. She just was personally one of the worst candidates of all time. If Democrats nominate a far left candidate in 2020, and it is not going to end well for them.

TTICR. Hillary ran on the right platform to be the most electable Democratic candidate. She just was personally one of the worst candidates of all time. If Democrats nominate a far left candidate in 2020, and it is not going to end well for them.

And Joe Biden was standing right there the entire time...

What's classic is millennials blaming everyone else for them not participating in the most important of their lives. It's going to take many years to recover from what Trump. Some things won't be able to be fixed.

Millennials KNEW what the outcome would be if they let Trump get elected. But they did.

When boomers knew something was wrong we took the streets and campuses to change it. We took to the street in the 60s for civil rights. We took to the streets to end the war in Viet Nam. We took to the streets and changed the social construct of this country.

Millions of us risked jail, being beaten and even killed to stand up for what we believed in. You guys might tweet a couple of times and put something on Facebook.

We took chances and created businesses. Look at the articles I posted and hundreds of others. Millennials don't do that. They want others to do it for them.

Ignoring the fact that you're willfully ignoring the activists in boomer, gen x, and millennial generations still doing awesome, paradigm-busting/shifting work in the name of justice in any number of sectors (marching, getting arrested, filing lawsuits, writing policy, putting their careers on the line, etc. and risking quite a bit in the process), what on Earth is the social construct of this country?

I dunno man. I hope this is right, but I think you need policies that actually get people excited.

Hopefully it was just a case that there were the policies to get people excited in there, but instead all HRC did was talk about how she wasn't Trump and court Republicans.

And either way, if the economic imbalance in this country is not addressed, any gains for the Democrats are going to be short lived indeed

touche

If trump and his team can endure this first year onslaught and survive, prospects for reelection are good

So current 15 year olds will be voting.

I dunno man. I hope this is right, but I think you need policies that actually get people excited.

Hopefully it was just a case that there were the policies to get people excited in there, but instead all HRC did was talk about how she wasn't Trump and court Republicans.

And either way, if the economic imbalance in this country is not addressed, any gains for the Democrats are going to be short lived indeed

Sadly this is incorrect. People just want to trust a President.

The economic imbalance isn't political.

A Sanders presidency would be a disaster though. Everybody on the left loves bashing the stock market until it drops and job growth either goes negative or totally anemic. Change in a country as big as the United States has to be very incremental.

A Sanders presidency would be a disaster though. Everybody on the left loves bashing the stock market until it drops and job growth either goes negative or totally anemic. Change in a country as big as the United States has to be very incremental.

Is Trump's presidency still pay dividends for you?

So Obama and Trump didn't get people excited? People were super trustworthy of Trump?

That's exactly the problem

Obama and Trump got people excited not their policies.

Back