• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Part of North Carolina

What is the best part of North Carolina?

• Asheville

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Boone / Blowing Rock / Banner Elk

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Charlotte

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • OBX

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Research Triangle (Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Triad (Winston / GSO / High Point)

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Wilmington & Surrounding Beaches (Sunset Beach to Morehead City)

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Highlands

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
the banner elk area has a gated community with a private airstrip. Rented a ridiculous house there once with like 12 people.

Highlands is probably pound for pound the poshest/wealthiest mountain town
I think I saw a stat once that more Augusta National members have a second membership at Wade Hampton in Highlands than any other club.

no way dude. cashiers is nice but it's not nearly as posh/hoitytoity as highlands.
I'll certainly defer to you on all things posh/hoitytoity. ;) I've only spent one long weekend in Cashiers with some of my wife's relatives, but it was Fourth of July at the Chattooga Club and they had a full symphony orchestra playing along in choreographed fashion with their ridiculously expensive fireworks display. That's pretty posh/hoitytoity.

the banner elk area has a gated community with a private airstrip. Rented a ridiculous house there once with like 12 people.
That is Elk River CC. Bob/Brian Griese, the Schottenheimers, Eric Church, and a host of other celebs have houses in there. Easy to fly in and out of for a weekend, and Artisanal is right down the street.

Not to be confused with Mountain Aire in West Jefferson, NC.

I visited Mountain Air last fall. Great place. A buddy of mine's parents were eating dinner one night a few years ago and a plane came in too low on the runway and crashed and burned and everyone on board died. He also told me to hit an 8 iron on the downhill par 3, #5, when I should have hit a PW and I landed my ball on the runway.

I visited Mountain Air last fall. Great place. A buddy of mine's parents were eating dinner one night a few years ago and a plane came in too low on the runway and crashed and burned and everyone on board died. He also told me to hit an 8 iron on the downhill par 3, #5, when I should have hit a PW and I landed my ball on the runway.
These are the same amount of bad.

Or Mountaire, which is a chicken processing plant in Siler City

yeah, mountain aire really wants you to come see their course. lots of signs along the road near Old Barn Winery. PASS.

Back