• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

I was really hoping that Jimmy would notice the clock ticking throughout the final scene and be tipped off that something wasn't right. I figured the clock on the mantle was bugged from the get go, then laughed a little when Chuck revealed the not so spy savvy tape recorder.

Jimmy might be a criminal, but Chuck is an arrogant asshole. They have done a good job blurring the line of which one is worse.

The ER scene was well done and completely nauseating.

Yeah, not sure I've ever seen a TV show capture what it feels like to be in an ER situation like that before from the a confused patient's point of view. Really well done. Fring note a bit of a let down, but was still unsettling enough to work. Thought for a second it might be his daughter-in-law or granddaughter slumped over the steering wheel...

Part of me was hoping Jimmy knew he was being recorded and was setting Chuck up. Such a great dichotomy with Jimmy keeping his word on the temporary order and Chuck deceiving him immediately after. Brutal.

I'm not sure how effective that recording would be. I mean the guy is making a duct tape fort out of space blankets. Of course you'll tell him anything he wants to hear.

Even saying "It's your word versus mine." Is something you would say to a crazy person to give your version credence.

These writers could get 2 fantastic episodes out of that premise.

I'm not sure how effective that recording would be. I mean the guy is making a duct tape fort out of space blankets. Of course you'll tell him anything he wants to hear.

Even saying "It's your word versus mine." Is something you would say to a crazy person to give your version credence.

My guess is it is going to be a Lawyer-off.

Something obviously still has to happen that leads to Jimmy changing his name to Saul. Im not really sure what that could be, especially since he is in the same city.

And we have no idea what thAt could be. At this rate, the story is so good I don't care.

My guess is it is going to be a Lawyer-off.

Something obviously still has to happen that leads to Jimmy changing his name to Saul. Im not really sure what that could be, especially since he is in the same city.

It will be. Jimmy is going to be so betrayed by Chuck taping him that I suspect he will finally be done with Chuck once and for all and he won't feel bad about portraying him as a lunatic to discredit him. Sucks that he invoked Kim's name, though.

Yeah, but the bribed copy guy isn't going to lie to the police for him. Jimmy's fucked, Kim is fucked, Mike is fucked. There was no happy ending coming in Breaking Bad and there's no happy ending coming for these guys either.

I figured Chuck would blackmail Jimmy by threatening Kim's career. Chuck obviously is proud of his name and from the first couple of eps there was consternation from Howard/Chuck about Jimmy's name harming their reputation. Maybe he changes it to protect Chuck's legacy and prevent him from ruining Kim.

Maybe that's too basic. Much like I'd trust Dave Gettleman if he drafted a punter in round one, I trust Gilligan completely.

The only tough thing about the show is that they've made Chuck so unlikable, you kind of wonder how long they can keep him as a foil for Jimmy before the audience is driven nuts. Like, eventually they had to kill Joffrey, because otherwise everyone would have thrown up their hands and been like, "apparently we need to kill this actor in real life, because it's the only way we'll ever escape this detestable character."

I had to look up why I didn't remember Joffrey in BB.

I thought Ernie played an interesting role here. He drove home the message that Jimmy succeeds because people like him. Sadly he is another person who stuck their neck out for Jimmy who will end up getting screwed.

Something new from AMC:

I haven't seen Goliath, but I was pretty bummed that Billy Bob Thorton got the Golden Globe for best actor in a drama over Odenkirk. The man deserves an award for this role, without a doubt. Fingers crossed for an Emmy, since I don't think Malek had a season worthy of a repeat win.

I haven't seen Goliath, but I was pretty bummed that Billy Bob Thorton got the Golden Globe for best actor in a drama over Odenkirk. The man deserves an award for this role, without a doubt. Fingers crossed for an Emmy, since I don't think Malek had a season worthy of a repeat win.

If you haven't seen Goliath, do yourself a favor and see it. It's FANTASTIC. And you will see why Thornton won. But I agree. Odenkirk is awesome.

Back