• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

On one hand, I believe conservatives only think of themselves and care little about people who aren’t like them. That’s selfishness and white supremacy.

Yet conservative media isn’t devoted to policy debates. It’s basically gossip columns and tabloids about Democrats.

So they don’t care about “us” as human beings. They care about “us” as stock characters in their American story or like non-playable characters in a video game.

To my point, here is the top of front page of FoxNews.com right now.
8197d3cb4db6492a2c3eb9c3f9e8f460.jpg

7e035754cefa0577a30743f75b04afce.jpg

You overestimate what conservatives think of you guys. On balance, we don't.

lol there's an entire news empire dedicated to slandering anything not-conservative including every little thing OWGs might get upset about, like paternity leave

fucking phoney baloney

lol there's an entire news empire dedicated to slandering anything not-conservative including every little thing OWGs might get upset about, like paternity leave

fucking phoney baloney

I find the liberal preoccupation with a single news channel---while paying no attention to every other major information outlet tilted in their favor---to be the snowflake-ist action you all engage in. How soft can one party be, that a single voice of dissent must be shouted down?

Both sides!!!! We should pick something that is 100% grounded in facts and see how it was reported, let’s go with vaccines. Hell let’s just look at the response by some Fox News people to Powell’s death.

I find the liberal preoccupation with a single news channel---while paying no attention to every other major information outlet tilted in their favor---to be the snowflake-ist action you all engage in. How soft can one party be, that a single voice of dissent must be shouted down?

Every single one, guys! Every. single. other. outlet.

1. Paternity leave

That's it, that's the tweet.

Your party has done everything in its power to shut down the various parts of our economy for a year and a half. Why am I surprised that you're running from the foreseeable consequences of those short-sighted decisions? I am not surprised.

conservatives love to rail against CNN and MSNBC as these thought leaders for the left but also make fun of how bad their ratings are vs Fox

A little disingenuous dude, yes there are mainstream media that do not think like you, but those outlets do not give Dems a pass, witness the coverage of Afghan withdrawal, Dem inability to crack whip and get legislation passed, migrant issues. All covered very negatively by mainstream media. While I haven’t seen a single negative report of trump actions in particular, only praise and mouthpiecing of known lies that are repeated ad nauseum on Faux news. I for one would like to see a return to the Fairness Doctrine for news. Unfortunately, if reinstated Faux news would dissapear

Your party has done everything in its power to shut down the various parts of our economy for a year and a half. Why am I surprised that you're running from the foreseeable consequences of those short-sighted decisions? I am not surprised.

Alternative factual interpretation: my party has done everything possible to minimize the effects of a communicable disease that's killed 726,000 people so far. We, and bare with me here, are a prolife party that values life over profit. Your party has fought tooth and nail to send fast food workers to work despite known risks, because it's all about the benjamins.

Kindly articulate what you think the supply chain issues are and their causes.

The shutdowns (past and present) are the single biggest factor, but I have seen some interesting stuff about container capacity. We lose a large percentage of capacity of footage each year to wear and tear and destruction, so even if we don't grow our economy at all and don't build a single new container, we shed 8% of our storage capacity each year. The same thing is true for pallets, and anyone that had available lumber to sell was pushing it into retail and construction usage (given the huge markup there), and there wasn't a sufficient amount of leftover wood to make replacement pallets. We literally can't get stuff off the ground fast enough.

How far into the bubble must you have fallen to believe otherwise?

Just because CNN isn't fascist like FOX and OAN, doesn't mean they are liberal biased. They are all corporate capitalist entities in it to make a buck for their shareholders, none of them are for a progressive improvement of society.

The shutdowns (past and present) are the single biggest factor, but I have seen some interesting stuff about container capacity. We lose a large percentage of capacity of footage each year to wear and tear and destruction, so even if we don't grow our economy at all and don't build a single new container, we shed 8% of our storage capacity each year. The same thing is true for pallets, and anyone that had available lumber to sell was pushing it into retail and construction usage (given the huge markup there), and there wasn't a sufficient amount of leftover wood to make replacement pallets. We literally can't get stuff off the ground fast enough.

Sounds like you want the government to manage some stuff.

Again, a bit disingenuous, your rant about storage leaves out some important points, shouldn’t capitalism solve those problems? or, are you blaming the government because surely in your mind the government can’t solve problems or do anything right, correct?

Back