• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden

Never mind; it seems that what ever criticism I say on this Board about Biden, will always be defended by this Group. Because compared with Trump, he's a Saint.
Sad you all have such low expectations in your President's.
Nope. It's that you are still dreaming about reaganomics and shining cities on a hill for the entire world to worship America.

Never mind; it seems that what ever criticism I say on this Board about Biden, will always be defended by this Group. Because compared with Trump, he's a Saint.
Your criticism of Biden here is literally something that I think is a good thing that Biden did.

I’d prefer it if the US President consistently sided with labor in strikes. I’m struggling to understand why you think differently to be honest, the only thing I’ve gotten from your posts is that Biden doing this doesn’t fit your view of what is “Presidential”.

Someone explain to me what the gotcha is with the dog biting thing. Do they want Biden to kill the dog? Give it back to the pound? Is he a bad dog owner because he has been being president and not training the dog? Should he spend more time training the dog?

Is Fox News doing segments on this because they don’t want people to rescue dogs? I’m missing the connection between him having a dog that bites people and him being a bad president.

Biden and the Dems absolutely fucked the railroad workers union and is out there with the UAW trying to make up lost ground.

Is having a dog that bites not as presidential as serving McDonald’s in the White House? I can’t keep up with what is presidential and what is not these days.

the entire point of this thread was to find out if people are concerned "at all" about biden. I think the answer has been broadly yes, people are concerned about biden, but that's a tiny concern compared to the absolute alarm we have about trump and ANYTHING that makes is possible for him to get into office. That includes third party candidates, no matter how well intended they may be.

You then cherry pick specific items and try to play gotcha with them, like this union thing. WHO FUCKING CARES. The alternative is a fascist lunatic who has committed to imprisoning the opposition if elected. You're not going to get any reasonable person to say that Biden's occasional stutter means we need to take a chance on Trump.

Is having a dog that bites not as presidential as serving McDonald’s in the White House? I can’t keep up with what is presidential and what is not these days.
sweatpants are senatorial but not presidential

Donald Trump thinks it’s low class to own pets, like another Donald we know. And what do we have? A president with a dog who bites.

Biden and the Dems absolutely fucked the railroad workers union and is out there with the UAW trying to make up lost ground.
Did he though?

After months of negotiations, the IBEW’s Railroad members at four of the largest U.S. freight carriers finally have what they’ve long sought but that many working people take for granted: paid sick days.

This is a big deal, said Railroad Department Director Al Russo, because the paid-sick-days issue, which nearly caused a nationwide shutdown of freight rail just before Christmas, had consistently been rejected by the carriers. It was not part of last December’s congressionally implemented update of the national collective bargaining agreement between the freight lines and the IBEW and 11 other railroad-related unions.

“We’re thankful that the Biden administration played the long game on sick days and stuck with us for months after Congress imposed our updated national agreement,” Russo said. “Without making a big show of it, Joe Biden and members of his administration in the Transportation and Labor departments have been working continuously to get guaranteed paid sick days for all railroad workers.

“We know that many of our members weren’t happy with our original agreement,” Russo said, “but through it all, we had faith that our friends in the White House and Congress would keep up the pressure on our railroad employers to get us the sick day benefits we deserve. Until we negotiated these new individual agreements with these carriers, an IBEW member who called out sick was not compensated.”

While President Joe Biden was calling on Congress in November to pass legislation to implement the agreement, he stressed that he would continue to encourage the railroads to guarantee paid sick time for their employees.

“I share workers’ concern about the inability to take leave to recover from illness or care for a sick family member,” Biden said. “I have pressed legislation and proposals to advance the cause of paid leave in my two years in office and will continue to do so.”

Biden, citing the potential economic impact of a national freight rail strike during the winter holidays, on Nov. 28 called on Congress to impose the emergency board’s agreement.
Since then, several other railroad-related unions have also seen success in negotiating for similar sick-day benefits. These 12 unions represent more than 105,000 railroad workers.
“Biden deserves a lot of the credit for achieving this goal for us,” Russo said. “He and his team continued to work behind the scenes to get all of rail labor a fair agreement for paid sick leave.”
Russo said talks are continuing toward reaching a sick-days agreements with Canadian Pacific and Kansas City, recently designated a Class I rail carrier by the Surface Transportation Board.

I didn’t know any of that. Thanks be to the liberal media.

Nowadays it's not enough to work behind the scenes. It's got to be a media event.

Nowadays it's not enough to work behind the scenes. It's got to be a media event.
Just another sign of how inept Democrats often are at publicizing and selling themselves. Kind of inexcusable, really, given that they're a political party and good, effective PR is a basic part of their job.

Keep up; I'm suggesting putting Newsom on the ticket replacing Harris.
I think many if not most would agree Biden is too old to be running but there’s no primary challenger (of substance) so rank and file Dems have no choice. It’s Biden or bust.

Gotta love the logic. Biden is too old so replace the Black Asian woman VP with a white guy.

Presidents resolve disputes. They pressure both sides to settle when they have to. There is precedent for that.
But taking so blatantly a side by walking a picket line? Not very presidential in my mind and absurd.
"Hey auto makers, a 20% pay increase offer may be good for most Joe"s and Jane's in this Country, but these people deserve 40%. And hey, when the auto business shits the bed, (which it will) they will agree to roll back their increases?"
Will that happen?? I think not. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Back