• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

The only "culture change" was to not pursue one-and-done talent.

This is absurd too - show me one large conference program that has consistently succeeded while following this strategy. K tried it for a while and it didn't work, so he's back to having a few on his roster. Kansas and UNC take this approach too. Gary Williams got tired of the recruiting BS, stopped pursuing many of the AAU kids, and the program suffered for it. Not saying every school has to be like Kentucky, but if he was trying to model our program on a Butler or VCU then that was an apples to oranges strategy. Don't think our goal was to be a successful mid-major.

This is absurd too - show me one large conference program that has consistently succeeded while following this strategy. K tried it for a while and it didn't work, so he's back to having a few on his roster. Kansas and UNC take this approach too. Gary Williams got tired of the recruiting BS, stopped pursuing many of the AAU kids, and the program suffered for it. Not saying every school has to be like Kentucky, but if he was trying to model our program on a Butler or VCU then that was an apples to oranges strategy. Don't think our goal was to be a successful mid-major.

Wisconsin.

One part Jay is 100% correct about is that if we had fired [Redacted] two years after we fired Dino, only mid-range up and comers and failures as candidates for our job. Decent coaches wouldn't want to work at a place that fires coaches so easily.

That's just the way it is.

I absolutely disagree w the last two posts. After you fire a guy after 3 years w 60+ wins - as AD you absolutely have to be patient. The hire after bzd / assuming he never succeeds here - is the most important hire you'll make since grobe. Maybe of your entire tenure.

As we have discussed before few coaches and no elite or hot coach is gonna take this job if the last two coaches both got the quick hook.

By publicly saying you want culture change you are essentially binding your own hands thru 4 or 5 years. The fanbase's mistake was not realizing this and sitting on our hands up until the end of last year IMO. You can be angry about the hire but then we should have let it go. But that became impossible after losing to Stetson and presby and all those shit schools in year 1. I personally thought he was trying to teach a lesson on how to play team ball but it was arrogant to do it to us. By the middle of year 1 we were actually playing better as a team. But our talent level was just too putrid to beat anybody in the acc. And that set off a chain reaction of things which brings us today.

Bottom line though is we are 4-0. Bzd outers have to sit on their hands now until the wheels come off again. It's bad form not to. If you don't you are the lunatic fringe red on brown graph people. Hard as it may be. Over the next two seasons either you are going to win or wellman is. My money is on wellman. Especially it his adversary is basically Palma or Rj or Stratton.

You can't shit on center court when we are 4-0. Especially after brown graphing your last effort. I won't lie. I take great schadenfreude in all this. But the truth is we are going to be pretty good the next three years. Unless we suffer a slew of injuries or transfers. I personally factoring out my schadenfreude am not happy about that truth but I think it is more than likely. And bottom line I like the players haven't liked a team like this since jj and Teague. Happy for that

Damn, Jay...it could not be stated with any more clarity of insight.

Kudos to you. The guys on this team are working incredibly hard to get the fannies in the seats.

I met both daughters while they were at Wake. I didn't know either of them well, but interacted with them on a few different occasions. [Redacted]'s daughter was a bitch. Dino's daughter wasn't great, but for the most part she was fine. I'm 80% sure I drove [Redacted]'s daughter home from a party one night and she was a huge cunt the entire time. She was just drunk, loud, and disrespectful, so literally the worst kind of person to drive home. The entire time she was bitching to some friend she was with about her parents, calling her mom a bitch and how she hated her parents, how her parents were always fighting and currently long distance because the mom hadn't moved, etc. Really was just the perfect example of the bat-shit crazy, drunk, entitled bitch. Again, I'm not positive it was her, but I'm pretty sure it was. I won't pretend that I know them well enough to judge them and I'm sure they could be great people (maybe...), and I know this was a small sample and is a snap judgment, but she was just one of those people you just know what they're like after being around them for 5 minutes. This doesn't really say anything about Bz or Dino, but just for anyone interested.

So you're not going to judge, but based on being 80% sure you interacted with this person for five minutes, you're totally going to judge.

Terrible post. Neither Dino's nor [Redacted]'s kids are public figures and they don't deserve to have shit spewed about them (especially admittedly unreliable shit).

Last edited by a moderator:
I met both daughters while they were at Wake. I didn't know either of them well, but interacted with them on a few different occasions. [Redacted]'s daughter was a bitch. Dino's daughter wasn't great, but for the most part she was fine. I'm 80% sure I drove [Redacted]'s daughter home from a party one night and she was a huge cunt the entire time. She was just drunk, loud, and disrespectful, so literally the worst kind of person to drive home. The entire time she was bitching to some friend she was with about her parents, calling her mom a bitch and how she hated her parents, how her parents were always fighting and currently long distance because the mom hadn't moved, etc. Really was just the perfect example of the bat-shit crazy, drunk, entitled bitch. Again, I'm not positive it was her, but I'm pretty sure it was. I won't pretend that I know them well enough to judge them and I'm sure they could be great people (maybe...), and I know this was a small sample and is a snap judgment, but she was just one of those people you just know what they're like after being around them for 5 minutes. This doesn't really say anything about Bz or Dino, but just for anyone interested.

This post is completely uncalled for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to judge... but you are all fuckers and I hate every single last one of ya.

I've met Dino's daughter several times. I don't know her at all but she was very pleasant every time I met her. And she was really hot.

Lol, this is complete bullshit. [Redacted]'s daughter was like the president of some mathematics club and tutored underprivileged elementary school kids while at Wake. I think you've got the wrong girl.

So you're not going to judge, but based on being 80% sure you interacted with this person for five minutes, you're totally going to judge.

Terrible post. Neither Dino's nor [Redacted]'s kids are public figures and they don't deserve to have shit spewed about them (especially admittedly unreliable shit).

This post is completely uncalled for.

Lol, this is complete bullshit. [Redacted]'s daughter was like the president of some mathematics club and tutored underprivileged elementary school kids while at Wake. I think you've got the wrong girl.

Rather than outright delete it, I've put the post in a spoiler tag. I agree its uncalled for. At least it wont be out there for everyone to see. I'll leave the deletion of the post up to '15.

Which poster snagged a picture with Dino's daughter? Wasn't that an item in an Olympic scavenger hunt?

I absolutely disagree w the last two posts. After you fire a guy after 3 years w 60+ wins - as AD you absolutely have to be patient. The hire after bzd / assuming he never succeeds here - is the most important hire you'll make since grobe. Maybe of your entire tenure.

As we have discussed before few coaches and no elite or hot coach is gonna take this job if the last two coaches both got the quick hook.

By publicly saying you want culture change you are essentially binding your own hands thru 4 or 5 years. The fanbase's mistake was not realizing this and sitting on our hands up until the end of last year IMO. You can be angry about the hire but then we should have let it go. But that became impossible after losing to Stetson and presby and all those shit schools in year 1. I personally thought he was trying to teach a lesson on how to play team ball but it was arrogant to do it to us. By the middle of year 1 we were actually playing better as a team. But our talent level was just too putrid to beat anybody in the acc. And that set off a chain reaction of things which brings us today.

Bottom line though is we are 4-0. Bzd outers have to sit on their hands now until the wheels come off again. It's bad form not to. If you don't you are the lunatic fringe red on brown graph people. Hard as it may be. Over the next two seasons either you are going to win or wellman is. My money is on wellman. Especially it his adversary is basically Palma or Rj or Stratton.

You can't shit on center court when we are 4-0. Especially after brown graphing your last effort. I won't lie. I take great schadenfreude in all this. But the truth is we are going to be pretty good the next three years. Unless we suffer a slew of injuries or transfers. I personally factoring out my schadenfreude am not happy about that truth but I think it is more than likely. And bottom line I like the players haven't liked a team like this since jj and Teague. Happy for that

I don't think you know what that word means, otherwise you wouldn't be using it a couple days after we beat Jacksonville by seven points.

sure I know it means. It means:

I'm gonna get all German up in your face, bitch!

Look it up. That's what it means.

I don't think you know what that word means, otherwise you wouldn't be using it a couple days after we beat Jacksonville by seven points.

Revenge is best served cold. I think the bone looks forward to the results of having placed his bet on Wellman as opposed to some hacks mining away at a remote internet out-post.

He's not a "Homer" for the current regime, by any means...he just seems to have an uncanny ability to tell when he is or is not casting his lot with some hardcore fucking losers.

Back